2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the front fitted bumper lights from eBay, and like people have said, the wiring diagram is in Chinese or Japanese or something, but I've seen people explain the wiring. I pretty much get it, but would like to read one BUT I CAN'T FIND IT!! Haha someone lead me in the right direction.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
100 Posts
There is Red (constant power) Black (negative or ground) Yellow (ACC or switched power) and then white. I think the white is another power for higher power that you can hook to the blinker, but I'm not positive..

well, i installed the LED rear reflectors on mine. those had a red (bright), black (ground), and white (dim). i would test each wire individually with your battery and see how the light reacts. you may also want to test multiple wires at the positive terminal. if it's LED, there is usually safety circuitry built-in to prevent "frying" the light. im assuming these are DRL's you have, and i believe your right. my guess would be that the white or yellow would turn the light off when the factory turn signal is on (like on a factory DRL). my only concern is that the DRL would signal on and off with the factory turn signal unless there is a "timed" relay built-in to keep the DRL off untill it stops receiving the on/off current from the turn signal input.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I have the rear reflectors too. Haha those are simple, and the front DRL's have a fuse for that. I've tested the wires and everything, the yellow and red turned them on and the red and white did too. Ha so I think you can hook either up to either I think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts