2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my car back in June of this year, its a '10 MS3 that had 11k miles on it. Ever since the day I bought it I have had a rattling noise when I hit a bump coming from the front left wheel. I had changed my oil a few weeks back and while I was under the car I tapped the brake rotor guard with my wrench and it made the same noise as I have been hearing all summer. I had wrote it off as a slightly loose guard and no big deal. This morning while driving to work it is making a screeching noise almost as if it is rubbing against the rotor. This is the first time it had made that noise.

Now, how can I fix this or should I take it to the dealer? Would it be covered under the bumper to bumper warranty since its a non wearing item?

Thanks,
Chris

·
College Zoom-Zoom
3,248 Posts
I bought my car back in June of this year, its a '10 MS3 that had 11k miles on it. Ever since the day I bought it I have had a rattling noise when I hit a bump coming from the front left wheel. I had changed my oil a few weeks back and while I was under the car I tapped the brake rotor guard with my wrench and it made the same noise as I have been hearing all summer. I had wrote it off as a slightly loose guard and no big deal. This morning while driving to work it is making a screeching noise almost as if it is rubbing against the rotor. This is the first time it had made that noise.

Now, how can I fix this or should I take it to the dealer? Would it be covered under the bumper to bumper warranty since its a non wearing item?

Thanks,
Chris
Had something similar happen with the dust shield. I just bent it back a bit and the screech noise stopped. Find what attaches it to the brake assembly and tighten it more would be my best guess

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turns out the bolt holding the right side of the shield on had backed it self all the way out. It was a pain in the ass to get a 10mm wrench in there to tighten it back up but that is what the problem was. The rattling noise is completely gone and the brakes no longer screech. It was an easy enough fix.

Thanks,
Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts