2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 2010 mazda3 in to the dealership a while back to have the clutch replaced (at around 30k miles :mad 1: ). They told me that the pilot bearing was also shot (seemed like it wasn't turning at all, and was hot to the touch when they got to it).

I got the car back and immediately noticed a weird creaking/clicking noise coming from the front left side of the car. The noise happens only occasionally, and more frequently when it is cold outside or when I start out in the morning. It happens when I start the car, when I first push on the accelerator petal, or at the very last second when I'm taking my foot of the accelerator.

I took it back to the dealership and they had some trouble reproducing the noise. I told them to let it sit overnight, and they called me back and said they heard the noise. They readjusted the torque on some of the MM bolts (rear MM and tranns MM) and returned it to me. The noise still happens, and they don't seem inclined to work on it without the ability to reproduce the noise.

Any ideas?

·
Just call me Rabbit
480 Posts
I have the same noise. I think it's a CONTROL ARM bushing and there is a TSB related to it. When I did my rmm I'm Sept the noise went away but it's back with winter weather. TELL THEM TO CHECK BUSHINGS & TSBs and let me know how it turns out. I've been too lazy to go to the dealer haha

Sent from a rabbit hole

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys... just had my car in for what I assume is the same noise. Mine was coming from the passenger side of the dash area.

Was told it was the guide pins for the windshield when they mount them at the factory. Took my dealership a whole day to fix but its 100% noise free.

They had to call Mazda to get some guidance but apparently its a known noise and the guide pins are on the short list of culprits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts