2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if this car benefits from sound deadening of the front doors where the speakers are.
The installer I spoke to said yes but of course he's gonna say yes. Thought I'd check if any of you have done sound deadening and if there's noticeable difference in audio quality. Thanks

·
*The Electrician*
978 Posts
probably less road noise

·
Registered
336 Posts
I used products from RAAMaudio, including RAAMmat BXII and ensolite foam.

Definite difference in audio quality, less bass boom in my door mounted speakers, believe it helps boost the mid bass frequencies also. A tiny bit less road noise for me also, my primary reason for installing sound deadening was to improve the loudspeaker sound quality...

Also installed a dashboard cover, which helps improve the high frequencies coming from dash mounted tweeters (now less shrill sounding).

Reactions: Road Trip

·
Registered
227 Posts
Does it also help with vibarationsfrom the door when speakers are not on? I have constant rattles now from my mufflers coming from the doors too and it's annoying.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I used products from RAAMaudio, including RAAMmat BXII and ensolite foam.

Definite difference in audio quality, less bass boom in my door mounted speakers, believe it helps boost the mid bass frequencies also. A tiny bit less road noise for me also, my primary reason for installing sound deadening was to improve the sound quality...

Also installed a dashboard cover, which helps improve the high frequencies coming from dash mounted tweeters (now less shrill sounding).
What dashboard cover did you end up choosing?

·
Registered
336 Posts
What dashboard cover did you end up choosing?
Came down to 2 contenders, DashMat (Covercraft) and DashDesigns. In online photos, I thought the DashDesigns fit and stitching looked better. Once I received 8 fabric swatches (4 from each company), I decided that DashDesigns had a perfect material for my needs. Went with something called DashTex, in black. ($63 including shipping).

Reactions: xXMeanXx

·
Registered
336 Posts
Does it also help with vibarationsfrom the door when speakers are not on? I have constant rattles now from my mufflers coming from the doors too and it's annoying.
Can't say, I never had vibrations at any time. I will say there is a nice solid thump when tapping on outer metal front door panels, compared to the echoey, tinny sound on the untreated rear doors.

·
Registered
336 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts