2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So for anyone that has removed it for one reason or another is there anything I should be aware of? I don't want to break off any of the fasteners accidentally.

This is my reference and it seems simple enough. Mainly concerned about the 'you really gotta pull part.'
2014 Mazda 3 Bumper Removal

Swapping the grille out with this, paint quoted at $106 with a day turnaround depending on drop off time.

I went to the mazda dealership collision center because I figured it would be my best bet for a paint match. Turns out that was a good idea since there can be variance in the paint batches. There was a bit of difference between the color templates they had so they matched it to the car directly.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello, I followed that instruction as well, after all the screws, it was just a little tug and it will come loose. The instruction makes it sound a lot worse than it is!

Good luck!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, makes me feel better about doing it. I'm impatient so I may just swap out the grille tomorrow weather pending and just swap the tops after I get the part back. Someone around here did that and it didn't look too bad, only difference is the cutout for the mazda emblem.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New painted top without the emblem cutout will be in Monday so it will go on next week. Bumper is super easy to get off, and I confirmed the wiring for fog lights but I've been on the fence about those for a long time.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts