2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I was wondering if any of you have used anything in the front bumber to avoid the paint from getting rock marks? Any ideas? In a bit over a year the bumber has gotten a lot of pain chips, never happened like this with any other car I have owned in the pass.
I always keep over two car distance to avoid this, but still, getting a bunch

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,255 Posts
I used OEM touch-up paint, but it still looks like a bunch of pimples. A colour match Wrap or plasti-dip might work.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used OME touch-up paint, but it still looks like a bunch of pimples. A colour match Wrap or plasti-dip might work.
Yeah, I might do wrap on the bumber where most of the “damage” is done. Not sure if I’ll keep this car for much longer, not happy with Mazda in some aspects like the pain, oh well.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi guys, I was wondering if any of you have used anything in the front bumber to avoid the paint from getting rock marks? Any ideas? In a bit over a year the bumber has gotten a lot of pain chips, never happened like this with any other car I have owned in the pass.
i understand you frustration, i went on a trip to Miami and once i got home my bumper and hood have disgusting chips in it. people have complained about the paint quality and how fragile our paint is.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Ultimately the distance doesn't really matter. It's just going to happen...you will get less if you completely tailgate at 2 feet and you might get more at 5-10 car lengths depending on speed. It really comes down to protection.

My freak out is getting close and trying to get around those gravel trucks with all the rocks bouncing around in the bed...seems like the "empty" trucks are even worse with the rocks bouncing up and down on the bed.

·
Super Moderator
678 Posts
Clear bra.

It's not entirely Mazda's fault. A lot of manufacturers are going with very thin paints lately. Honda and Hyundai have the same issue. EPA has a lot of say in it as well as cost savings.

Also, Mazda uses soft paint. Easier to chip.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Clear bra.

It's not entirely Mazda's fault. A lot of manufacturers are going with very thin paints lately. Honda and Hyundai have the same issue.
Also, Mazda uses soft paint. Easier to chip.
Which makes me want to go back to an old car, no payments and usually bullet proof. Kind of shitty when you buy a new car and things like this happen.
Oh well, at this point I care less. The more damage gets the better hahaha

·
Super Moderator
678 Posts
Today I drove up my neighbor's driveway to talk to him about his dog killing my chicken. The darn dogs came barking and putting their beautiful scratchy paws on my door. It hurts when it happens to your new car. With time, these things which bother you kind of go away and the chips become less noticeable.

Reactions: 2017mazda3

·
Registered
569 Posts
Today I drove up my neighbor's driveway to talk to him about his dog killing my chicken. The darn dogs came barking and putting their beautiful scratchy paws on my door. It hurts when it happens to your new car. With time, these things which bother you kind of go away and the chips become less noticeable.
Add a few more words and you may have the next country music megahit.

·
Registered
218 Posts
im sorry about your chicken, but reading this gave me a slight chuckle. i also understand your pain in regards to dogs jumping up to see you. hurts my heart every time and my wallet since i use paint sealant.

·
Super Moderator
678 Posts
im sorry about your chicken, but reading this gave me a slight chuckle. i also understand your pain in regards to dogs jumping up to see you. hurts my heart every time and my wallet since i use paint sealant.
Haha, I know. I don't even live out in the country, but just outside city limits, where you can get some interesting neighbors. Luckily, he was a nice guy. I told him I was concerned because I have 3 little kids and don't want his dogs trespassing. He has an invisible fence but will call the company to come look at it. He also came to pay for my chicken today. Yes, I will buy two or three more.

I need to get some sealant as well. What do you recommend?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Haha, I know. I don't even live out in the country, but just outside city limits, where you can get some interesting neighbors. Luckily, he was a nice guy. I told him I was concerned because I have 3 little kids and don't want his dogs trespassing. He has an invisible fence but will call the company to come look at it. He also came to pay for my chicken today. Yes, I will buy two or three more.

I need to get some sealant as well. What do you recommend?
haha, its still funny though! one of my hobbies is to detail my car, i don't have that much professional equipment but i do use Car Guys Liquid Wax paint sealant. i just buy it off Amazon and it has worked wonders! right now it has a 5usd off coupon code. i would recommend you try it out.

first i would wash you car normally with a nice car wash soap, i use Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax than i would dry your car, next clay bar your car , compound than polish THAN paint sealant....

or you can just wash than use paint sealant and wait a day for it to cure and add a wax of your choice to further protect your car.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^ and the funniest commmet of the week award goes to you hahaha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts