2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

My name is Will and I live in Columbia, MD.

I just recently bought a new iTouring 3 hatchback after my 91' Volvo 240TIC was totaled head-on by a speeder.

A little bit of history. I joined the Volvo performance club, Turbobricks back in 07 and have since taken a 90 hp grocery getter and turned it into a 190hp heap of 2.3l RWD Swedish fun. I did a full trans and rear locking axle swap, added a turbo w/ full 3" exhaust, interior re-upholstery, stereo revamp, full poly bushed, Bilstein suspension with 25mm sways, firewall to strut braces, track rods, etc. I was just getting ready to put a new motor into it, but had the rug pulled from under me.

I bought this car after testing numerous others, and have to say that I'm really loving it. The technology and smoothness of the ride goes against everything I was used to with my Volvo. I would love to meet up with you guys sometime and talk shop and see what you all have done to your rides to make them unique!!

Also, does anyone know a good source for a CAI :tongue::tongue::tongue:
...just kidding

·
Registered
641 Posts

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Welcome to the forum zmazda. Hey we got a big md/va group wanna join? PM me for details. Also post some pics of your 3!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Be sure to post pics of your car! I'm not too far away from you, so maybe I'll see you around.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Always like seeing gearheads join up, I tend to learn a lot from you guys. Welcome!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to the forum zmazda. Hey we got a big md/va group wanna join? PM me for details. Also post some pics of your 3!
Hey Thanks! I'd love to join. It'll make driving a more 'common' car more enjoyable with some fellow enthusiasts.

Welcome to the forums! Be sure to post pics of your car! I'm not too far away from you, so maybe I'll see you around.
I live in the Oakland Mill's area. I'll keep an eye out.

Always like seeing gearheads join up, I tend to learn a lot from you guys. Welcome!
Thanks for that. I'm eager to get my hands dirty with this one, but within the boundaries of the warranty, WHICH IS TOTALLY UNHEARD OF FOR ME!!!

And again :welcome:

Thanks for all the welcomes everyone. Looking forward to being more of an active member here.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here was the Volvo (Oella) before & after the crash. Walked away just fine. Gonna start parting it out on spring break..

Here is the new Mazda '13
2013 SkyActive iTouring Hatch w/preferred package

1 - 12 of 12 Posts