2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
So it is a no go, the wiring harness for the stereo, the controller and the usb/SD card is all totally different. I can try to get a cutoff harness from a vehicle that had the infotainment system and see if a shop can wire it in. I might just use the stereo template which holds the screen and see if I can put in a single din into it with a flip out touch screen display. I see lots of dremling in my future, maybe some bondo too. It was an expensive $245 dollar lesson, that's what I paid for the touch screen, usb SD card reader with a map SD card and the controller. I'll post some pics later

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ah sorry to hear that, I was looking around at other stuff on m3r and found this link someone posted. It has almost all the oem parts for every trim model of the mazda 3 for sale at very reasonable prices.

Tasca Parts | Lowest Prices Anywhere for Genuine OEM Parts

You might be able to get a wiring harness from here or something? Seems a bit complicated :/

Good luck with this though I hope it works for you

·
Registered
130 Posts
i wonder if you can trace where the standard harness goes to and maybe it uses the same pins as the infotainment ones. im thinking maybe you can just purchase the infotainment harness to plug there so it can work with the screen, commander. i had a 2015 mazda 3 isport loaner from the dealer and i wish i took the radio apart and check it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found a junk yard that will sell me the infotainment system and the controller. I can go dismantle it myself.. Did you find anything else out? Im really interested in this!

·
Registered
200 Posts
i would wait a bit longer.
why? there are 2 versions right now (which i found)
vers 1 -> windows ce with mzd style controller
vers 2 -> android without it

i think android and a mzd style controller would be the best solution...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Holy thread revival. Somebody is selling the screen, knob and USB card reader with their respective harness. Is that all it takes? What about the TAU? Is it the same?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have two mazda 3's. One is 2016 with Mazda Touch screen, but the vehicle is totaled, and 2nd one is 2014 without touchscreen. I was wondering if I can switch over from the totaled vehicle over to the lower trim. Also wondering about the sensors too.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Compare the connectors which go to both headunits (and cables going in!) - if they are the same, your 2014 might be prepared for a switch & just try it ... if your 2014 has less cables which could be connected to the headunit, then it would be too much effort to change the cable harnesses and I would not recommend a change. Same with the (parking?) sensors... if cables are already there (check under the bumper), it`s easy to install/connect them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thread revival attempt! Has anyone installed an aftermarket version like the one available from CarNaviPlayer and had success?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts