2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just picked up a 2017 Deep Crystal Blue GT with Premium and iActiveSense and i love it! Coming from an InfinitiFX35. The tech in this car is great. Road noise is louder than i expected but maybe it's because i'm coming from the FX35.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
:welcome:

:worthless-1 1:

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
wowser21, congratulations on your loaded new Mazda 3 GT. Glad you are enjoying it. And as per @Rdrokit, his post, the Dunlops that come with the car are not good as far as road noise. My standard Dunlops will be gone in the first 100 miles, replaced by either Conti DWS06's or more probably by a set of Michelin A/S 3+'s.

As per TireRack's testing, with the higher the score the better, on the noise issue the Dunlops scored a 6.3 (fair) , the Conti's were an 8.7 (excellent), and the Michelin's were an 8.9 (excellent). And the later two spanked the Dunlop SP 5000M Sport in every category. And in winter conditions, the Dunlops were scary in any snow or ice.

Here are the specific results:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Wow, Dunlops suck! The Michelins seem amazing... has anyone here tried them? Might be a good excuse to spray the rims a nice gunmetal gray.

What to do with a brand-new set of Dunlops??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts