2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just wanted to share my end of the tuning journey. Just wanted to thanks Justin for his tuning services and his patience. We did 4 revisions.These are my numbers according to VD. The car feels so much stronger now.After this tuning section we also decided to upgrade the brakes.Pretty soon I'll be doing racepipe and getting a re-tune. Definitely this is one of the best investments you can do on your car.

It is just plain 93 octane, no meth or e85.I have oem exhaust all the way from turbo to muffler. I'm planning on buying a corksport racepipe. I also have the standard jbr intake with tip and a ets tmic. To be honest at first I wasn't quite satisfied with my results in HP but when I saw some other results was like ok!!!!
I dyno my car on a mustang dyno and it was like 263hp and 291 tq. If I take those results and multiply them by a 13% more(equals dynojet readings), I have 297 hp and 329 tq. which is pretty consistent with VD readings and these numbers are without racepipe and downpipe. I'll be going to a dynojet instead as soon as I install the racepipe.

Elizer.PNG

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi guys, just wanted to share my end of the tuning journey. Just wanted to thanks Justin for his tuning services and his patience. We did 4 revisions.These are my numbers according to VD. The car feels so much stronger now.After this tuning section we also decided to upgrade the brakes.Pretty soon I'll be doing racepipe and getting a re-tune. Definitely this is one of the best investments you can do on your car.

It is just plain 93 octane, no meth or e85.I have oem exhaust all the way from turbo to muffler. I'm planning on buying a corksport racepipe. I also have the standard jbr intake with tip and a ets tmic. To be honest at first I wasn't quite satisfied with my results in HP but when I saw some other results was like ok!!!!
I dyno my car on a mustang dyno and it was like 263hp and 291 tq. If I take those results and multiply them by a 13% more(equals dynojet readings), I have 297 hp and 329 tq. which is pretty consistent with VD readings and these numbers are without racepipe and downpipe. I'll be going to a dynojet instead as soon as I install the racepipe.

View attachment 113994
Great results for 93 and still stock exhaust. Why no ethanol? Is it not around??? It really makes a major difference. Before I went BNR S3, I was putting down ~325/375 (1.01 CF, smoothing of 3 in VDyno) on ethanol and I still had the stock axle-back.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes certainly are great numbers. My car is pulling even harder, because I noticed like a few weeks back that my driver side motor mount and my cs 70 duro rmm was broken so the dealer changed the driver side under warranty and I swapped the 80 duro bushing and my car totally felt different from there on. I regret not installing 80 duro from the beginning and not tuning with my 80 duro rmm. Will be doing racepipe pretty soon and a re-tune.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes certainly are great numbers. My car is pulling even harder, because I noticed like a few weeks back that my driver side motor mount and my cs 70 duro rmm was broken so the dealer changed the driver side under warranty and I swapped the 80 duro bushing and my car totally felt different from there on. I regret not installing 80 duro from the beginning and not tuning with my 80 duro rmm. Will be doing racepipe pretty soon and a re-tune.
Sweet! I have a JBR 88 RMM and and JBR 80 PMM. My TMM is still stock. I'm thinking of going with the CS insert because having 2 relatively solid mounts already has meant a great deal of NVH, and this is my DD.

Out of curiosity, how many miles were on your TMM when it failed? I'm at about 60k now, and I wonder how mine is holding up.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well to be honest the CS 70 duro mount lasted around a year, probably couldn't hold up to the freektune and maybe PMM was faulty and made the rmm to be forced. I was planning on going up to 88 duro JBR on RMM and PMM but after listening to you I'm not quite sure. Are vibrations really that bad?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts