2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2004 Mazda 3 hatchback and got under it today as the body and edges are rather rusty. I wanted to to check out the rest and found this.

Ceiling Rock Wood

The rest of the frame and undercarriage seem rather solid, but that one area makes me nervous.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Oh wow, yeah that's not good and it will only get worse if you do nothing. I'd get that looked at by a professional and discuss options. If the surrounding area is actually solid (when the rust through is that bad it usually isn't), they might be able to weld in a patch plate, or you can DIY if you're good with a welder.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh wow, yeah that's not good and it will only get worse if you do nothing. I'd get that looked at by a professional and discuss options. If the surrounding area is actually solid (when the rust through is that bad it usually isn't), they might be able to weld in a patch plate, or you can DIY if you're good with a welder.
Thanks. The surrounding area seems rather solid, but it's hard to tell. I bought the car about 6 months ago. I climbed under it, but only on the drivers side, so I didn't even see this.

What type of place would I take it to and have it looked at? If it's structural, I'm afraid people won't want to touch it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.