2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out of town for my sisters wedding this weekend and my brother was there who is a mazda tech he checked my car out for me and showed me that I was still on V29. A few months ago I dropped my car off for an update and they ended up keeping it for 3 days and gave back with an 1/8 tank of gas used ........ My brother showed me that all they did was deactivate a few feature so the system wouldnt freeze as often.... we tried to update it to V33 but the car just wouldnt do it for some reason we didnt have time to play with it for to long it was a busy weekend with the wedding and all........

I'm beyond frustrated with the service department at this dealership, I love the sales department I got a couple used cars from them before but the service techs are gonna see my bad side as soon as I have time to get to that side town hopefully today

·
Registered
574 Posts
I went out of town for my sisters wedding this weekend and my brother was there who is a mazda tech he checked my car out for me and showed me that I was still on V29. A few months ago I dropped my car off for an update and they ended up keeping it for 3 days and gave back with an 1/8 tank of gas used ........ My brother showed me that all they did was deactivate a few feature so the system wouldnt freeze as often.... we tried to update it to V33 but the car just wouldnt do it for some reason we didnt have time to play with it for to long it was a busy weekend with the wedding and all........

I'm beyond frustrated with the service department at this dealership, I love the sales department I got a couple used cars from them before but the service techs are gonna see my bad side as soon as I have time to get to that side town hopefully today

That sucks man. Give it to them good! There are TSBs for the freezing issues, so they maybe should have replaced the head unit. V29 may have been the latest though. Version 31 came out about a month ago and 33 about a week ago. I wouldn't think any of this would require them keeping the car for 3 days nor driving it anywhere.

Is there another dealer that you could take it to? Shouldn't need to be there very long to have them update it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Report this to Mazda and tell them how much time they wasted of yours. Mazda will not be happy that they paid for warranty work that did not get done.

·
Registered
74 Posts
....... I'm beyond frustrated with the service department at this dealership
Today I went through the same experience. Scheduled a 9:30 am Dealer appointment for the Version 33 update. Even printed out the TSB in advance and showed it to the Service Advisor (SA).
I sat in the waiting room (they had great donuts and coffee thankfully).

Come 10:30 they fetch me. The Service Advisor brings out the Mechanic and they proceed to advise me that I already have the latest version. 'No I do not', I said, pointing the the about Version screen showing V31. So sitting in the car, I read the TSB out loud to them. 'We don't have that V33, we will have to order that part'' they said. 'No you do not (I was losing my cool), you simply need to download it from your Mazda service network.' The mechanic stormed out of my car in a huff leaving the Info screen is some screwy keyboard mode without bothering to clear it. The SA cleared the display ... and I waited another 10-15 minutes or so why they caucused and talked in what I presumed to be whispers. When the SA returned, and apologized stating that they had called Mazda and that they were wrong. Could I come back at 1:30pm? 'Yes"I said.

Come 1:30pm I returned and waited in the same waiting room with the same donuts and same damn coffee pot, feeling nervous about what was happening to my brand spanking new Soul Red Mazda. I had had a good sales experience also so was not ready to abandon ship. The TV had a replay of the Tampa Bay - Pittsburg game, so all I could do is watch that and wait. Thankfully, the SA came by to inform me the update was in progress @ 7% and that it should not be too much longer. At 2:15 they fetch me again...this time proudly leaving the Version display on the screen (V33.00). Yeah, 'have a seat, I said to the SA. He did. We plugged in the iPhone and whalla, the Album art work displayed properly. All was well. The SA again apologized and urged me to come in at 5000 miles for my free oil change. That will be 4830 miles from now, I thought to myself.

Yes, I had to educate my Dealer against their somewhat stubborn resistance (and that is a bit astounding), but in the end they apologized and made it right. :beerchug 1:

I certainly can understand why many are taking these updates upon themselves but I was not ready to do that with a car two weeks old.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive been busy but I did make it by there monday and when I told the young lady at the service counter what my issue was she went to the back to get someone I saw a mechanic poke his head out then and old lady came out to try and calm me down....

they even pretended that none of the other 3's they have sold are having bose system issues... but we all know that that is either a lie or they arent selling many 3's with bose systems ...

the only option offered to me was to drop my car again and leave it over night!!! wtf!!!

my brother gave me a coppy of v33 but I havent tried installing it yet

I love the gas milage of my 3 but I'm seriously considering a trade in for a 6 if they dont fix these issues soon

there is another dealer ship 20 miles away but its owned by the same company...... the next closest one is 150 miles away and my brothers dealership is 350 miles away.... not allot of people buying mazdas in west texas you cant drive a single block without seeing 5 or 6 full sized trucks or full sized suvs

·
Registered
74 Posts
I love the gas milage of my 3 but I'm seriously considering a trade in for a 6 if they dont fix these issues soon
That seems extreme ... but maybe the Dealer will make you a great trade if they can't fix your audio. When I was in the waiting room for hours, picked up a Mazda 6 brochure, looked at Mazda 6 on the showroom. Sweet cherry pie OMG Mazda 6 decked out with sand perforated leather (albeit on the out edges of any normal Mazda 3 budget). Trading up to Mazda 6 would not be a bad punishment for suffering through a Mazda 3 audio system on the blink!

Back to M3
What difference does it make if other 3's are not having the issue if you are under warranty--you could be the only Mazda 3 in the world and the coverage is valid if you are within the warranty parameters? Persistence may pay dividends and finding a good tech could do wonders...good luck.:boxer::boxer:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
theres other reasons a trade in being considered like my finance company (wells fargo) gave my insurance company (state farm) the wrong info to keep them informed about my insurance policy and now they took it upon themselves to buy an insurrance policy and my payments went fro $556 a month up to $788 and I"m having trouble getting them lowered back down .....

Ive had an overall bad experience with every thing involed with this particular car including getting rear ended in traffic with only 500 miles on the odometer

·
Registered
74 Posts
theres other reasons a trade in being considered ...

Ive had an overall bad experience with every thing involed with this particular car including getting rear ended in traffic with only 500 miles on the odometer
I am already afraid to drive to the grocery store, now won't be able to stop at a red light for fear of getting rear ended! Jeez, how can we keep our Mazdas pristine? :eek:hsnap 1:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts