2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, this will be my first post since purchasing my 2015 Mazda3 grand touring new about 2 years ago. I was just hit about 60,000 miles, and I decided to just a little early maintenance since I commute long distances as a traveling nurse.

Car maintenance history

Every 8500 miles pennzoil platinum or Castrol Extended Performance
Air filter at 35000
New Rear brake pads at 55000
MAF and Throttle body cleaning at 60,000
And spark plugs at 60,000
I decided to clean the throttle body and MAF, and change plugs after the car stalled on me in the middle of traffic. It has only done it once, but no codes were set.

However when I was changing the spark plugs, I noticed what seemed to be a little oil fouling on the cylinder on the drivers side. I am not to familiar with reading spark plugs so If anyone can help, much would be appreciated. I have attached the picture, I compared the plug from the suspect cylinder, with a plug that looked like all other 3 cylinders.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
There's a lot out there on the interweb on reading plugs. It doesn't look too bad on it's own, but what might be disconcerting is if it's much different than your other plugs. You may want to borrow a compression tester from an auto parts store. Also keep an eye on your oil level and any smoke coming from your exhaust.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts