2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
That Guy From That Place
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was just starring at my car and my friends (bmw) he has a euro plate. and im like man thats awesome too bad i cant get one because our car is Japanese.....well what do you guys think about getting a japan license plate?
i tried searching on these forums but i couldn't find anything, i have seen a few threads on other mazda 3 forums...but yea so anyway also heres a link of some website who sells them
Japanese License Plate, authentic japanese plate, custom japanese license plate,

i dont know i kind of want it lol especially with the RHO kit...
opinions???

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
we can't have them here. counts as a fraudulent plate, which is a ticketable offense. dunno about other states.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I prefer the front end clean and empty! However, if I had holes drilled in the front bumper, I might want to fill them with a Japanese plate!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have to agree that I don't want anything on my front bumper! If only Florida would allow long style rear plates that would be nice!

·
That Guy From That Place
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
That Guy From That Place
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also i would perfer the clean front but i dont know it was just an idea haha....in cali i dont believe its illegal unless you take off your real front plate

·
That Guy From That Place
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah haha he used my car, I bought it washed the car up and took a pic just for the guy. I'm surprised he used it.

what thats sick haha well it looks very clean..

^ so you'll have 2 plates? ???
yea i just thought of that lol since they are the same size its gonna be either one or the other.....*sigh* i dunno now. maybe i should just go euro and just do like a cool country but then it'll be poser

Can I post here about sporting a Norwegian plate, or should I start a new thread for that?
i say you post here for shits and giggles lol

·
Registered
699 Posts
we can't have them here. counts as a fraudulent plate, which is a ticketable offense. dunno about other states.
its true! Most of those guys with euro plates have their normal plates in the windshield when a state requires front plates. same with rear. Even in Germany, us citizens such as the military have to get the square plates not the euro plates.

·
Registered
699 Posts
that's still considered illegal here, especially because the plate becomes a hazard in a crash.
State of Washington says they have to be visible from the front of the car. No mention of where. Also if there are no factory brackets on the front of the car, then no plate is required.

Oregon on the other hand requires it on the front regardless... and im pretty sure most if not all new cars have plate brackets on the front of the car.

Still... i think people who put plates on their dash are stupid. Like you said Haku... crash hazard and bodily damage from flying object. I have seen people with their VW's place both plates on the bumper... they make euro holders just for that... but that's just stupid too in my opinion. Like seeing a driving wall of plates on the road.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts