2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Can someone please clarify what is the color of the stock rear fog light (Driver side behind the red lens) ? Red or white?

I'm curious to know since I purchased a white LED 7440 as replacement , and if the light is indeed red then you know what that means...:| (We live and we learn)

Thanks!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure I understand your question. The rear fog light for those who have them should be red. It is the same color as your rear running lights.

The picture you provided above is of the rear light reflector, they have no lights on them and there purpose is to reflect light back (At least in Israel it works that way) maybe in Thailand the light reflectors are indeed fog lights with a bulb in it.

My question was, as shown on the picture and provided new picture below, does the rear stock fog light (located on the left driver side where the red lens is where normally a reverse light would be) has a red or white bulb? I'm asking this because I purchased a bulb which is for reverse (1000Lumens), but the fog light needs to be constantly on therefore I don't think it is as suitable option.

In brief, which kind of build should I buy for rear fog light ? :grin2: (Besides the type which is 7440)

Attachments

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, indeed :/ . The easy option is just to pop the bulb and take a look at it but if I'm not replacing it them I'm no so eager to do so.

Looking at the lens during the day I noted the bulb might be red, although not 100% sure.

Hopefully some of our European members will be able to clarify this for me.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The stock bulb is standart bulb without any color. If you replace it with an led, your rear fog light indicator on dash will not illuminate. At least that's what happened to me. No problem with the reversing light led btw.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@tarahumara Thanks for the clarification! Also, did you end up going back to the stock rear fog light bulb in the end?

We'll see what happens when I switch the rear fog light bulb, hopefully the light on the dash will illuminate :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts