2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT called Coffee.
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 GT 3 that was probably one of the last to roll out without AA/Carplay installed.

Anyways, I'm considering getting the kit and doing the upgrade (hardware/software), but wanted to get people's opinion on the audio quality after upgrading.

Any noticable improvements or changes? Anything I should be forewarned about?

I use the auxiliary input 3.5mm headphone jack with a DAP and just want to make sure it will still sound good after updating.
Thanks!
CK

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S Grand Touring, 6spd Manual, Soul Red
67 Posts
I have a 2018 GT 3 that was probably one of the last to roll out without AA/Carplay installed.

Anyways, I'm considering getting the kit and doing the upgrade (hardware/software), but wanted to get people's opinion on the audio quality after upgrading.

Any noticable improvements or changes? Anything I should be forewarned about?

I use the auxiliary input 3.5mm headphone jack with a DAP and just want to make sure it will still sound good after updating.
Thanks!
CK
Audio quality will definitely be better than using the headphone jack. It’s also better than bluetooth. Sometimes the connection is a little touchy. I drive my car about 5k miles a month, so I notice everything. What I mean by “touchy” is that occasionally if you don’t have an audio tab opened on the phone when you connect, it may default to FM. Can be annoying, but just start your audio on the phone and it will take over. Also, sometimes the system navigation or menu will pop up rather than CarPlay and you have to touch the navigation or menu command button to get it to come up. I have the most recent software on the infotainment. Over all it’s worlds better than the default system.
I wish I could change the default audio to something else on the system. I also wish there was a command button combo that would turn the display off, since I often sit in the dark with the car running and want it off. At least being able to use the knob that dims the screen when it’s in park instead of just when I’m driving. Those things won’t bother most people though. I prefer a “stealth” mode because I need to be able to leave the car running at night and not be back-lit by the display or instrument panel.
Honestly it’s the best damn thing I’ve done with the car is upgrading it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts