2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I need to get my fenders rolled and the guy that i'm looking into charges 80 dollars to roll all four fenders. But i was curious as to if i even need to get my front fenders rolled because they do not have a lip on the inside of the fender like the rears do. If i can save 40 bucks and only get the rears done I'd rather do that obviously.

Thanks in advance

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
Are you actually in need of it? The front fenders tend to rub on the inside front mounting point (structural steel, behind the fenderliner) when turning, more so than the actual top of the fender (and if it does, it's really easy to pull it out by hand even). If you are not low, or aren't running anything aggressive, you can usually leave it be. You can always add more camber instead of pulling fenders, tire wear is not compromised much as long as you have 0 toe.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If they aren't rubbing then don't roll them. No point.
Well im about to run an 18x9.5 +35 in the rear and an 18x8.5 +35 in the front so i know the rears are gonna need it but wasnt sure about the front. Guess ill find out when i mount them bad boys

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
I'd run the 9.5 in the front they are easier to fit... @color0 can explain more for you. Haha. I'd put the wheels on then get the guy to roll them for the wheels.

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
I'm with @Rherold9 -- might as well put the 9.5's up front. In my sig I am tucking 255's in front on a 9.5 +35 with a proper -2.5deg of camber. To tuck 9.5 +35 in the back under compression you'll either need stretched tires or too much camber (to the point where you lose braking grip), because the rear fender simply can't be pulled out like the front fender (only ~1/4", vs. almost 3/4" in front).

You could also go with the "meh let it poke" train but I'm neither an expert nor fan of that school.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Front Fenders usually dont need rolling..Unless you do the Horrible "Mexi-Poke" wheels...Then maybe!..

Rear Fenders are a MUST....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts