2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting the OEM dark wheels but need someone who would be willing to buy my stock 18" GT wheels outright or trade their OEM dark wheels. My 18" GT wheels are in excellent condition, approximately 5200 miles on them. Wheels are in South Carolina.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Sorry for the delayed response. I'm asking $800 for the wheels + shipping. The tires can be included as well for an extra $400. These are the stock 18" GT wheels and Dunlop SP Sport 5000 tires sized at 215/45R18. Local pickup will be able to shave a few bucks off the asking price. I called the dealership today and was quoted $400 a wheel for these. I'll work on getting some "detailed" pictures up this weekend, see the post below for some initial photos.

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
If you like the shape/style of the OEM wheels but want them darker, you can powdercoat them. About 1,000 color options, at an average of $250 to do the set — and PC is 10+ more resistant to rock chips than paint.

Here are the factory 18” ones that I had powercoated “Ultra Black Chrome”, and Prismatic Powders has even a darker black chrome should you wish.

Just an option for your consideration.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input Road Trip, always good to hear from a fellow '17 hatch GT. I've considered the powder coat approach but my preference at this point is still to get the OEM dark alloy from Mazda. If I don't have any luck selling then I might reconsider powder coating but I'm optimistic that there are some buyers out there for my current wheels.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts
Nice rims Road Trip. Me likey.

I was considering getting the OEM dark alloy rims from Mazda too, but they were just too expensive in my opinion.

Good luck.
CK

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.