2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That seems to be coming from the dashboard on the passenger side.

It seems that Mazda has updated the Service Bulletin for this, my dealer just informed me of this, they now added another "solution" where they have to put the part in question in place with some sort of wire or whatever, I'm not a native English speaker so I don't know how to word it properly. Anyways, between now and a few months ago when I had them look at it also, the SB got updated and this maybe interesting for those out there still "struggling" with this issue.

So far so good for me, although you can hardly call the drive from the dealership to my home a proper test drive, but I'll keep you all posted.

Ps. I drive a 2014 Mazda 3 Hatchback.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'll be interested to see feedback from folks who get this taken care of. My ticking isn't so bad that I want to risk taking it in for the SB and have the dealer return it to me worse than it is. :surprise:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be interested to see feedback from folks who get this taken care of. My ticking isn't so bad that I want to risk taking it in for the SB and have the dealer return it to me worse than it is. :surprise:
My ticking wasn't that bad at the start either, but it got way worse, I figure due to the bad roads here and the vibrations made it worse, I have no idea.

The funny thing is my dealer first said to me when I got there that they didn't hear it, which was odd to me, because it had gotten to a point where it was
almost a constant ticking and rather loud aswell, so I took them for a drive again and at first I couldn't hear it anymore either, I was like "wtf is this"..but then after
driving for like ten minutes it started again and it got worse and worse, which I was kinda "happy" about, because I didn't want them to think I was getting crazy or something..

Anyways, I was there for another hour, they really take their time, it's an official and well respected dealer so..and he went over the SB again and noticed it was updated, like I stated earlier, I don't know how to properly word it in English but it has something to do with tightening down a part with a cable or something, maybe I'll take a look under the hood later to see if I can take a picture of it.

I went out with some friends last night, drove for quite a while, still didn't return, I know it's only been a day, but when the ticking is as bad as it was with me even a day without it is a blessing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I reacently purchaced an used 2015 mazda 3 whit this particular problem.
Can any one tell me what the fix was?.
Car is nice but that noice is getting on my nerves.
Thaks!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Some ticking is normal ...like from older injectors . Sone only happen cold or lessen when car is warm.
Possibly from the belt tension-er.
Maybe from Cam gears misalignment ( more serious) . Chain has become stretched. Pin in Can actuator gear is loose .
Was told using a stethoscope on parts of engine to locate noise is easiest way to find it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
the sound i hear is only audible when i go over bad roads, like borken pavement or such.
i have been thinking it may be related to the suspension (worn down sock mount) or the plastic cover where the wipers are installed.

ill keep on looking, i will post any results!

thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts