2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
That's pretty sweet. I really like the time attack look. Any chance you can do some Mazda and Axela badges in that style?

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can do any badge with this style :)

I'll post some more pics of some other two-tone emblems in a couple hours. I see you have bronze wheels... I can even do a bronze like your wheels with this style.

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
I can do any badge with this style :)

I'll post some more pics of some other two-tone emblems in a couple hours. I see you have bronze wheels... I can even do a bronze like your wheels with this style.
That would be awesome, but I'm not sure I'll have bronze wheels forever. I'd rather stick with red and black, like you showed. About how much would a Mazda and Axela badge be? I'm very interested since I was planning on an Axela badge anyway.

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's fine with me. This is a hot item! Preorder today to insure you have one before they are sold out!

·
1,272 Posts
Spray gun :)
That's good to hear. Could you tell me what exactly your process is?
Strip chrome?
Primer?
Color?
Clear?
How many coats of each?

I sprayed mine a few weekends ago, but I'm not 100% happy with them. I love the color (Rust-Oleum Black Night Metallic) but the mazda badge already has a chip on it from I don't even know what. I have the feeling it is going to start spreading pretty quick once salt starts getting thrown on the road. What have your customers said about the resiliency of your badges?

One more question, do your badges come with the adhesive already on the back? I found the 3M outdoor tape to be a little too thick, and it makes the badges not as flush as they were with the adhesive from the factory.

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I can't really give away my process as it is my own technique for perfection and quality. However, I can tell you that these have a lifetime warranty. All emblems are chip resistant and have their appropriate adhesive backing.

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So no one wants to jump in on this huh? I recently completed a set of emblems for another forum member.. check it out:

·
Registered
655 Posts
I want a set but with my upcoming Vegas trip i've got money going other places. I'll likely put in an order sometime in Jan.

You do really nice work, BTW,

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Doesn't look like the rear emblem will fit on 2010. I just painted mine and the pins are futher apart.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The Two Tone is definately hott but i wonder how it would look up against the Velocity Mica Red already on my ms3 is there any kind of money back guarentee and could you do custom emblems to say w.e you like in the same Timeattack font?

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong...

The Two Tone is definately hott but i wonder how it would look up against the Velocity Mica Red already on my ms3 is there any kind of money back guarentee and could you do custom emblems to say w.e you like in the same Timeattack font?
Time attack is the style of paint, not the font. He paints emblems. He doesn't make them. To make emblems from scratch would require an injection molding setup with custom molds. I'm sure he can hook you up with whatever color paint you prefer though.

Doesn't look like the rear emblem will fit on 2010. I just painted mine and the pins are futher apart.
He can do whatever emblem you want. I believe those are just examples.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Your probably right. I looked at his web site and he didnt list 2010 badges. And since he's posting on the 2010 forum I thought he thought they were interchangable. Hope he sells some their really nice!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Oh ok thanks for clearing that up for me Derrick. i figured it would be a stretch for emblems to say w.e. you want but wasnt to sure of his capabilities.

I have no idea where i got timeattack as a font though it just seem like it would be a font name moreover then a paint name i guess.

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The picture that I posted of the two tone emblems are for an earlier year Mazda3. However, I am able to get the 2010+ model emblems, and yes - the pins on the rear emblem are further apart - and the front one happens to remain the same from 2005-2010. The 2004 Mazda3 is the only odd-ball with a different front emblem than the later years (which I need to change on our site).

Time Attack is just a style of painting - black center with red (original TA style) or any other color.

If you wish to use any emblems - like the common "turbo" badge that all car enthusiasts use, I can get a hold of any emblem if you would like to purchase them through me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.