2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed some footwell led lighting in my car and made a video showcasing how i did it if anyone else wants to try! i think it turned out great so i might throw together a how-to if there isnt already one posted. Also i am trying to continuously upload content regarding primarily my mazda and some general car stuff to my channel so feel free to subscribe for future content!

·
Mazda 3 Lover
134 Posts
I installed some footwell led lighting in my car and made a video showcasing how i did it if anyone else wants to try! i think it turned out great so i might throw together a how-to if there isnt already one posted. Also i am trying to continuously upload content regarding primarily my mazda and some general car stuff to my channel so feel free to subscribe for future content!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voFI3Xed8nc

not enough time to view the full vid. I also want to install one but want it to light when I open the door and go off when I close the door and the dome light also go off. how should I install it? directly in the fuse box?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not enough time to view the full vid. I also want to install one but want it to light when I open the door and go off when I close the door and the dome light also go off. how should I install it? directly in the fuse box?
I really liked the idea of doing this except the fuse i believe you would need to tap into is in the engine bay for those lights. I believe it is Called "ROOM" by mazda, which controls all the overhead lighting. If you are comfortable running cables through the firewall of the vehicle then it is definitely doable that way. If you arent very experienced with vehicles and wiring then that might be a lot of work and possibly dangerous if you mess it up. A alternative is if you splice the wire for the dome lights and connect your wire to that. That way would be less complicated but could also prove to be quite difficult if you arent experienced with wiring.

Sadly there is not a simple way to do it as far as i know. Like i said, i kind of wanted to do that at first but didnt want to do anything i wasnt quite comfortable with because i dont want to damage my new car :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts