2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I'm absolutely loving my new Mazda3 hatch. So I feel a bit bad about pointing out a minor annoyance, but it exists none the less:

If you fold in the side mirrors (as I often do...darn city living) then fold them back out, the mirrors aren't in the same position that they were when you started out. So you have to go and put them back in the right place after folding/unfolding.

Seems like a silly oversight, and I've never seen this happen in a car, although I admittedly haven't checked out how folding and unfolding mirrors affects many cars.

Anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
275 Posts
First off, I'm absolutely loving my new Mazda3 hatch. So I feel a bit bad about pointing out a minor annoyance, but it exists none the less:

If you fold in the side mirrors (as I often do...darn city living) then fold them back out, the mirrors aren't in the same position that they were when you started out. So you have to go and put them back in the right place after folding/unfolding.

Seems like a silly oversight, and I've never seen this happen in a car, although I admittedly haven't checked out how folding and unfolding mirrors affects many cars.

I don't do this very often, but when I have I didn't notice this. Dumb question, are you grasping the mirror in a way that your fingers move the mirror?

Also, I hear that European models have motors for folding them, has anyone looked at getting and installing them?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't touch the mirror itself (gotta keep it looking clean!), but I have found that if I essentially catch the mirror at the end of folding it in so that it doesn't stop quite as abruptly, it's less of an issue.

There's a fair bit of resistance when you fold the mirror at first, so a little better technique helps.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Had this same problem too when I first got the car. I fold my drivers mirror daily. I use a little finesse to get them to fold without moving the mirror. The gearing on the mirror mechanism is very easy to move by accident with little force.

·
Da belle of da ball.
3,542 Posts

This has happened in every car I've owned. You just got finesse the little bitch out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts