2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone changed the std bulbs to Xenon Halogen ones on the fogs?

·
Official Ricer
392 Posts
Nope,
I don't like the stock halogen color though.

Could be changing to LEDs

·
Registered
508 Posts
I haven't changed my fog lights, mostly because the HIDs I have as low beams are bright enough you don't even notice the fog lights when driving.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't changed my fog lights, mostly because the HIDs I have as low beams are bright enough you don't even notice the fog lights when driving.
Yes I found that too, That's why I thought they would be better with higher power bulbs.:smile2:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I doubt it would make much of a difference, the headlights do such a good job lighting the road on this car, the fogs are mostly just for looks. I changed mine to LED so that the color would match the stock HID headlights, looks much better that way in my opinion.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I doubt it would make much of a difference, the headlights do such a good job lighting the road on this car, the fogs are mostly just for looks. I changed mine to LED so that the color would match the stock HID headlights, looks much better that way in my opinion.
Do you happen to have a photo? And which bulbs did you choose? I always leave my fogs off because they look so bad next to the headlights.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Do you happen to have a photo? And which bulbs did you choose? I always leave my fogs off because they look so bad next to the headlights.
Seconded! I'd like to see them too.

I turn my fogs on when it's snowing/misty and I do see a bit of the extension of the light to the side. LEDs would probably come with a drop in long range output, but that doesn't matter since they aren't very functional to begin with. Color matching the lights would be far more worthwhile.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'll try to get a picture of mine tomorrow and post it on here. Here are the bulbs I used.

5K WHITE 10 LED DRL/FOG LIGHT BULBS H11 H16 | 1 PAIR

Very very close to the stock HIDs, a TON better than the stock ugly halogen. I kept mine off too until I got the LEDs in.

Edit: Found one.

Left side is stock, right side is LED.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts