2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 i Touring started buzzing one morning. I thought it was the neighbour’s snow blower at first.

After I had turned off the engine and turn off the head lights and fog lights, I walked around the front of the car and realized it was the Morimoto XB LED Fog Lights buzzing from turning on and off quickly. I had to pull the fuse to get the fog lights to stop pulsing.

I figured the relay was probably stuck. I waited for the weather to claim above the freezing mark and put the fuse back in. Everything was good for a few days. Fogs turned on and off just like normal.

Then, I noticed if I turned on my parking lights, my fogs would turn on very dimly. I don’t have any kind of mod to the fog light switch behavior so this was odd.

A day after, the lights stopped working all together.

Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
6,532 Posts
You got electrical issues somewhere, power going where it should not be going. First place I would look is behind and around the fuse box for wires that are loose and making contact where they should not be. If the fogs are wired through the stalk with the head lights, the switch might be bad also.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The stalk is an interesting idea because of the different failure oddities.

My initial thought was that the relay had seized or broken apart internally. But when there was a bit of light output when the parking lights were on, that makes me suspect something else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts