2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I call them fog lights, or driving lights on my 2014 3 2.5l GT. The 2 lower auxiliary lights.

Has anyone upgraded to something much brighter? Something i could just replace the light bulbs with?

I think i recall H3's?

Stock has a yellowish tint to them. maybe just something more white?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I replaced them with some really bright led bulbs, same bulbs I used for my reverse light and was like $10 each.
I just bought morimoto fog lights. After reading all the reviews from other members it seems like a good buy, also depends on your budget too. The morimoto are $170+ shipping.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have a 6 with H11 low beam and "fog"s. I replaced both the low beams and "fogs" with modified H9s (Yellow for the fogs with yellow lamin-x); much brighter and bothers no one!

Attachments

·
Registered
578 Posts
I call them fog lights, or driving lights on my 2014 3 2.5l GT. The 2 lower auxiliary lights.

Has anyone upgraded to something much brighter? Something i could just replace the light bulbs with?

I think i recall H3's?

Stock has a yellowish tint to them. maybe just something more white?
Are you looking for better appearance or actual functionality?

For better appearance then just slap some brighter LEDs in them and move on. Just keep in mind that there isn't going to be any better light output onto the road since the housing isn't aimed properly anyways.

For better functionality you'll need to get a better housing such as the Z-type from morimotto. They made a specific fog light kit for our car. There's a large thread on this already so you can search for it easily. The thread has pictures of stock vs aftermarket too.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Reactions: CJR238

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input guys!

Ideally i wanted better functionality, brighter driving lights. But i understand that's not really possible do to the reflective housing. So an LED upgrade should just do the trick to make them match the headlights white beam better. Ill do some searching and look at everyone's recommendations.

Maybe ill just upgrade them completely with a system like morimotto.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Thanks for the input guys!

Ideally i wanted better functionality, brighter driving lights. But i understand that's not really possible do to the reflective housing. So an LED upgrade should just do the trick to make them match the headlights white beam better. Ill do some searching and look at everyone's recommendations.

Maybe ill just upgrade them completely with a system like morimotto.
If you choose to go with the Morimotto I would suggest pulling the trigger as they have been on "pre-order" the last three months and unavailable for the last 8 months.
I had read that they will only be producing 300-ish this time and might not make them again.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you choose to go with the Morimotto I would suggest pulling the trigger as they have been on "pre-order" the last three months and unavailable for the last 8 months.
I had read that they will only be producing 300-ish this time and might not make them again.
They seem to be hard to find, yes.

That's a bummer, i wonder if there is another option?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts