2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its no secret that the first and second Mazda3 shares its chassis, and in certain trim; engines, with other Ford and ex-Ford owned products. I am however wondering if anyone had any experience with swapping suspension bits from the Focus (2011+) over to the Mazda3 (2010-2013). I have a sneaking suspicion it will fit.

Does anyone have an experience with it? I've come across a coilover kit for a Focus at a good price but would like some feedback on anyone's experience in terms of getting it to fit if it has been done before. I've Google'd around but the data is rather old

Thanks.

TLDR; will Focus (2011+) suspension fit our Mazda3 (2010-2013)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't have any expert knowledge, but first thing I would look at is weight of the vehicles and also the front-rear weight distribution. Suspension is tuned for the particular weight on that half of the vehicle. Any discrepancy will lead to an off ride height and/or an overly soft/harsh ride.

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
i say cross check the manufactures part numbers.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Yeah the RMM are similar. I'm not certain how many parts the focus shares with the 3 but I can tell you, there are a number of parts that are manufactured by ford. Had someone with a 1st gen 3 SWEARS his entire car is made only with Jap parts and when we serviced his front brakes, guess what was stamped? FoMoCo! LOL Shut him up real quick.

·
zoom~
848 Posts
Yeah the RMM are similar. I'm not certain how many parts the focus shares with the 3 but I can tell you, there are a number of parts that are manufactured by ford. Had someone with a 1st gen 3 SWEARS his entire car is made only with Jap parts and when we serviced his front brakes, guess what was stamped? FoMoCo! LOL Shut him up real quick.
yep, even with the 2010.

oil stick is fomoco, caliper is fomoco.

rear replacement shocks is fomoco from the dealer, and I frekin walked out right after seeing that.

tho original oem I didnt see any stamp when I took them off, bottom fitting is very different too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts