2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently just bought a 2016 Mazda 3 isport. What I have been noticing is that the fm radio reception is pretty weak compared to all the cars I have driven in the last 15 years. Hd radio goes in and out. And regular fm stations are staticey way too often. Is this something the dealer could take a look at? Or are they just gonna tell me this is how it is? Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
I currently just bought a 2016 Mazda 3 isport. What I have been noticing is that the fm radio reception is pretty weak compared to all the cars I have driven in the last 15 years. Hd radio goes in and out. And regular fm stations are staticey way too often. Is this something the dealer could take a look at? Or are they just gonna tell me this is how it is? Thanks
I have 2015 and have noticed the same problem. I haven't done anything about it though because I very rarely use radio if at all.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I would take it back to the dealer and have them look at it. I haven't run in to any issues with the radio not being very strong. I've driven all around this state and the radio seems to pull a fairly strong signal. It makes me wonder if you have a loose connection at either the antenna end of at the back of the TAU.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dealer said to bring it in. What's the tau? Must be something. If it ain't I am gonna be pretty disappointed since I mostly listen to the radio.

·
Registered
574 Posts
The dealer said to bring it in. What's the tau? Must be something. If it ain't I am gonna be pretty disappointed since I mostly listen to the radio.
The TAU is what drives the infotainment system. The antennas connect to the back of it...somewhere...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Here is the TSB for 14 and 15 vehicles. I'd suggest you take this to your dealer and tell him it's also happening to your 16.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took the car to the dealer today. And they tested everything and said it was okay. They even tested the radio with another Mazda 3.

But I still think the radio reception is horrible
Compared to other cars out there. I really wish they would have taken the whole dash apart and replaced something.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm in a 14 Mz3 and I noticed the FM reception get worse after some system updates. But I'm mostly a Pandora listener so it doesn't bother me much. Will definitely take it to the dealer multiple times before the warranty is up tho ;).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I am thinking when they send out a survey or something I will pursue this further. I just don't really have the time right now to leave it there while they take apart the whole dash

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mine seems bad in cities but better in the country. Mine doesn't go staticky so much as it just switches to mono really easily and cuts off a lot of the treble.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts