2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, i bought a mazda Axela 2015 with mzd connect, i have updated to firmware from Japanese to European 70.00.100 and also i have manage to use tweaks with the help of serial connection. The car is great... But my issue is that the frequency is weak and i can't hear clearly the stations.. Any advice what i should I do? What i should buy to repair the issue, or where i can find any hardware if it anything needs changes if its because its a Japanese car?
Please let me know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The radio tuner in a Japanese spec vehicle will not work correctly on European FM frequency bands. Japan uses it's own FM broadcasting spectrum of 76-95Mhz. The European spectrum is 87.5-108Mhz (with additional support for DAB/DAB+). You'll need to install a correct European variant head unit. It's unlikely a software update alone would correct this since the physical radio tuner hardware is not designed to pick up the higher frequencies.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The radio tuner is actually a seperate unit and not part of the CMU itself. Replacing just that should work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You should buy a new TAU (Tuner Audio Unit) and use additionall adapter between harness and unit for easy connection, because connectors are usually different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts