2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 Mazda 3 Touring 2.5 6MT

Tonight on my way to dinner towards the end of the trip (30min) my airbag light started blinking. As far as I could tell there was no pattern and regularly stopped flashing just to start again. It seemed to happen more as I was accelerating but still occurred while cruising. However on my way home it did not flash once.

Has this happened to anyone before? Any guesses to what this may be? Loose connection?

·
Registered
720 Posts
This is job for your Mazda dealer to diagnose under warranty. I guess the airbags will be disabled if the warning light is on so this is a serious safety hazard.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Usually it indicates an air bag malfunction such as the sensor. Check the owner's manual first. Could be quite serious and dangerous so you are likely going to have to take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll give them a call on monday about it. Drove it twice today (15 miles each way) and didnt see the light once. Do you think that they can diagnose anything with the light not coming on?

·
Registered
720 Posts
I'll give them a call on monday about it. Drove it twice today (15 miles each way) and didnt see the light once. Do you think that they can diagnose anything with the light not coming on?
There might be still a fault code stored. Have you looked at the vehicle status menu?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Couple months ago I got rear ended and then the airbag lights were flashing intermittently. I went to the dealer got the airbags checked and they found out that the weight sensors under the front seats needs to be recalibrated. Then they recalibrate the sensors and everything were back to normal.

Sent from my Washing Machine using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Code #B0094 Center Frontal Restraint Sensor: 2014 Mazda

We noticed that the Passenger airbag warning light was on when a passenger was in the seat and a warning light on the dashboard had come on.
At about the same time we discovered we had a rodent problem in our garage, where the car is kept. We assumed it would be a mouse or a rat, the droppings indicated it might be a rat. I started to look on Youtube for ways to deal with the "rat". Then one morning I actually saw it's big fluffy tail - it wasn't a rat, it was a young squirrel. We got rid of all the food and in the process, I guess we scared it away. Meanwhile the problem with the Mazda was ongoing. Finally, I took it to the Mazda stealership. For $128 they were able to give me a code #: B0094, which told them there was a problem with the Center Frontal Restraint sensor. In order to investigate further they had to remove the front bumper and headlights to inspect the wiring and connector. If it was a problem with the sensor itself, they would have to order another one from Mazda in L.A. (that would take an extra day) Seems it's such a rare occurrence for there to be a problem with the sensor that they don't keep them in stock. During that discussion they mentioned it could be rodent damage. (Alarm bells went off in my head) Turned out our friendly squirrel had chewed its way through the wires. That repair job cost $320. Total $448. F...... squirrel! Anyone else think that was daylight robbery?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.