2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to make the 3rd brake light on the hatch flash when on the brakes?

·
Super Moderator
5,541 Posts
You can get a flasher unit for about $20. Just google it, lots of options to choose from. None are of the $450 variety.:eek:hmy 1:

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Wow 450? My friend added that to his accord for around $30 installed.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yeah Expensive I suppose but this works as well.

A $3,000 check will be given to you for your next down payment on the same dealership from where you bought your car; only if a total loss was caused by a rear end from "the other guy" this doesn't include all other insurance coverage you may have.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Its a 25 dollar module about the size of a quarter with 4 wires coming off of it. I have a brand new one laying around if anyone is interested. PM me

·
Registered
34 Posts
banggood.com aliexpress.com dx.com
those are chine webpages, you can buy several to try.
once i bought 3 differentes, one flashes too quickl, the other too slow, and the other one supposed to sense the g FORCE,, in case you brake hard it will flash faster than a regular braking.

you can try one of those

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Just tap the brakes really fast? Lol. Sorry..couldnt resist

·
The Adventure Mazda
152 Posts
I just recently discovered that my 3rd brake light flashes when I come to a stop. I have a 2016 i Sport hatch and didnt opt for this when I bought the car, it just came with it. I think its a pretty cool feature that I havent seen a manufacturer offer from the factory. Other than like supercars.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I just recently discovered that my 3rd brake light flashes when I come to a stop. I have a 2016 i Sport hatch and didnt opt for this when I bought the car, it just came with it. I think its a pretty cool feature that I havent seen a manufacturer offer from the factory. Other than like supercars.
It's dealer added separate or part of one of the tech packages depending on your dealership. Got mine added since it wasn't included. I have a 16 as well, same trim.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
My F1 style third brake light on my MV Tuning rear diffuser does this, but it is continuous. I have it hooked up as a steady light when my lights are on and it flashes with the brake. I wish it would flash for a few seconds then go solid. If I want it solid, then I can't have it hooked up to my parking lights, which I love the extra light. This is what it looks like on with the lights, no brake depressed

Attachments

Reactions: diego895

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got flasher from Amazon. Highly customizable and it can sense the brake force and flash a different pattern. Pretty cool and easy addon for $30.
goo.gl/vUnRFE

1 - 14 of 14 Posts