2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am planning to flash the EU version of the infotainment system on my mazda axela imported from Japan to Europe. I found the instructions and i am pretty confident performing the update. I have one question, if anyone can help me. After the upgrade fm frequencies will work or i will still need a frequency converter/expander? At the moment i can hear all the radios but with -16. Lets say i want to hear 96.8 in my country i can tune in 80.8.

Thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no, you need to upgrade to v56 first and then to 59
Thank you very much. The flash went smoothly.. I have one minor issue... The radio frequencies are not the correct. I can find all the stations but in random frequencies. My dealer installed on the radio antenna an fm extender.. Do you think that if i remove the extender will get the correct frequencies?

Thanks i advance!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thank you very much. The flash went smoothly.. I have one minor issue... The radio frequencies are not the correct. I can find all the stations but in random frequencies. My dealer installed on the radio antenna an fm extender.. Do you think that if i remove the extender will get the correct frequencies?

Thanks i advance!
I think you might need to replace your tuner unit. try to find one at Ebay or junk yard

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

I am planning to flash the EU version of the infotainment system on my mazda axela imported from Japan to Europe. I found the instructions and i am pretty confident performing the update. I have one question, if anyone can help me. After the upgrade fm frequencies will work or i will still need a frequency converter/expander? At the moment i can hear all the radios but with -16. Lets say i want to hear 96.8 in my country i can tune in 80.8.

Thanks in advanced!
Hi. Did you follow a particular instructions to update from japan to eu please as I need to do exactly the same thing. Thanks very much. Rrally need some advice.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Thanks i advance!
Have you lost any safety features (radar cruise / smart brake / line assist) after upgrade from JP to EU firmware? How about navigation?
If anybody did that, please tell :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts