2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FLAC audio difference on Standard audio? No Bose/ Anyone hear a difference? I was thinking of trying out FLAC : ]

·
Registered
36 Posts
FLAC audio difference on Standard audio? No Bose/ Anyone hear a difference? I was thinking of trying out FLAC : ]
Audio nerd here,

You aren't going to hear any difference on a car stereo, even a really good one.

You need very high end gear and very practised ears to pick out any differences between 320k MP3 (latest LAME encoder) and FLAC (or ALAC), lots of people claim they can instantly tell the difference, but they will fail a proper blind test.

I use Flac in my car because its convenient for me, since most of my music library is already FLAC, so i don't have to convert anything.

FLAC isn't generally used for higher quality (unless you are a really anal audiophile) it is mostly used as an archival format, meaning you can convert it into any other format with minimal degradation.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Audio nerd here,

You aren't going to hear any difference on a car stereo, even a really good one.

You need very high end gear and very practised ears to pick out any differences between 320k MP3 (latest LAME encoder) and FLAC (or ALAC), lots of people claim they can instantly tell the difference, but they will fail a proper blind test.

I use Flac in my car because its convenient for me, since most of my music library is already FLAC, so i don't have to convert anything.

FLAC isn't generally used for higher quality (unless you are a really anal audiophile) it is mostly used as an archival format, meaning you can convert it into any other format with minimal degradation.
Thanks for the reply =). Make sense, tbh i can't even hear the difference between compress bluetooth and mp3 in my car :'(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts