2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a car dealer who uses forums very often when trying to diagnose a mysterious issue on one of my vehicles. Often times I'll find a post with the same issue, but with no fix or resolution... as we all know, OP doesn't often deliver! Anyhow, a couple months ago I purchased 2010 Mazda 3 Sport hatch at auction. The Bose Stereo didn't work, everything lit up but no sound. I did some searching through forums and found a Youtube post where the guy fixed a similar issue by replacing his head unit. So, I ordered a used head unit, installed it, and still had the same problem. Ugh!! So I put my technician on it - after probing the wiring for awhile he came to the determination that the amplifier was the problem. With these kind of things you can never be 100% certain in your diagnosis, so instead of purchasing a new amp ($500+) I decided to use an amp rebuilder from eBay... sent in my old amp and waited for it to be sent back refurbished. So a week later, I get the amp back, plug it in...... still no sound! So again, I have my tech scour the system for problems, try both the old and the replacement head unit, search the fuses and grounds, and again he comes to the same determination - bad amp! I contact the rebuilder, he insists that it tested out fine but that he would take another look. I send the amp back to him, wait another week, get it back and install it - issue fixed!!

FIX: Long story short - on my 2010 Mazda 3 Sport with Bose, I had no sound to my speakers even though my head unit lit up and all of the controls seemed to work correctly on the head unit - the problem was fixed by having my Bose amp rebuilt by a rebuilder on eBay for $160.

·
Registered
290 Posts
If the factory amp on my 3rd gen blows then it'll just give me an excuse to get a full aftermarket amplifier... there may be the possibility of happening since I'm going to run aftermarket speakers for all locations except the door woofers since they are proprietary. I'm pretty confident the factory BOSE amp will keep up with it though since all the oem speaker ohm ratings on the 3rd gen are basically 4 ohms
For now only a subwoofer is running on its own amplifier

Glad you were able to get your problem resolved
But why didn't you just go the aftermarket route? It probably would've been cheaper and you would've gotten better results

1 - 3 of 3 Posts