2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting excited for my first track day at Mazda Laguna Seca this weekend. This is treat for me as I'm a Motorsport photographer on the side and have had the pleasure of shooting at Laguna Seca for many years now, but to finally get to drive the track is thrilling.

I have some past on track experience, mostly at Sonoma Raceway in a Corvette, along with drift events driving friends' cars. The one area of the track that has me worried is the straight away into turn 1, have to remember to stay to the left as you crest the hill into 1. Seen a few cars go off there in other races.

You can see my mods below, mostly just suspension, the one thing I didn't get around to changing were the stock tires, did upgrade the brake pads and the brake fluid, figured I would be eating those up the most. Not really worried about power, I knew when I bought the car the 2.5 doesn't offer much in mods, so I expect to be in the back of the pack. The group I'm running with is OnGrid if anyone was curious. They are a great group of people, as I've shoot a few of their track days in the past and they always treated me great.

I plan on giving a full report when I get back.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,473 Posts
Have fun. I'm jealous...

BTW..how do you like the CS short shifter and brushings. Did they offer an advantage over the OEM shifter and brushings?
CK

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have fun. I'm jealous...

BTW..how do you like the CS short shifter and brushings. Did they offer an advantage over the OEM shifter and brushings?
CK
I've had them installed since I got the car new, think I had about 300 miles before I installed them. It helped a lot with the first to second shift. I've let a few friends drive my car, and they all come back with the same response, they love the shifter.

And here is a photo of the car.

IMG_9681 by Doogle Studios

Reactions: CerealKiller

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,473 Posts
Your ride looks really nice. Very clean lines and the rims match with the paint so well that it almost looks OEM.
CK

·
Registered
55 Posts
Don't worry about the power, just enjoy the ride. You'll be surprised and where you sit in the pack - I tracked my Mz3 all summer at various tracks and one thing was consistent, there is always someone with a faster car that doesn't know how to drive.

I would definitely suggest upgrading your rim/tire combo if you going to continue with track days.

Don't lift & enjoy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts