2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming away from a totaled Honda and have decided its replacement will be a Mazda3 hatch. I've always liked these cars and will finally get my own.

I've found one that looks/sounds good, but I'm curious as to the asking price.
I can give more details, but it's a '15 i Grand Touring 6sp blue hatch with 21K miles. Carfax is clean and even shows dealership maintenance at all the right times. 1 owner and always been in Atlanta.

Any comments on what a fair price would be?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Not sure how fair the price is but you should ask the seller if it has a Denso Ecu. That is the better one of the two, and with it you can get a hand held programmer from orange Virus.
The other brand of Ecu is Mitsubishi.

I do see one in my area for 17,900 (I Grand touring)

a quick question though is why do you want an I when you could get an S?

·
'18 M3HGTP Eternal Blue
77 Posts
I can tell you that a Brand New 2.5l GT 6MT from Hennessy in Morrow, GA was $22k before TTL. And I saw a similar 2016? (might have been 2015) in Macon with about 40k that they were asking $16k (couple thousand too high IMHO).

If it's out of warranty (purchased early 2015), then probably $15k-ish. If it's still in warranty (purchased late 2015 or as a left-over), maybe another $1k on top. If it's the manual (both manual and auto are 6sp, best to use AT/MT as designation), you might have a little more leverage... but they might rebuke lower offers too. It's a fine line between limited supply and limited demand when it comes to the manual transmission.

Good luck

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,282 Posts
Mazda discounts: Grade 12 Graduate $500, Previous owner of any Mazda $500 , 0% financing $1000.00 incentives and when it's the slower season fall-Jan. We are in peak season in car sales.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts
What are your intentions for the car?

I'm asking because, if you want to modify/upgrade the car, a Mazdaspeed 2010 to 2013 may be more fun for you.

They have a ton of aftermarket parts available and can get upwards of double the HP of a 2.5L Skyactive.

You can find them for $15k or so too.
CK

·
Registered
348 Posts
Not sure how fair the price is but you should ask the seller if it has a Denso Ecu. That is the better one of the two, and with it you can get a hand held programmer from orange Virus.
The other brand of Ecu is Mitsubishi.

I do see one in my area for 17,900 (I Grand touring)

a quick question though is why do you want an I when you could get an S?
How do you find out which ECU it has? I have the 2.5l

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Appreciate the comments everyone!
The car will be my regular daily-driver. No plans for any performance related mods. Also intentionally looking for the 2.0 vs the 2.5....for better fuel mileage. :)
The car will already be quicker than what it will be replacing...so that will be a nice 'upgrade' regardless.

From what I've been able to find online, it does seem like a fair price would be somewhere in the $15K range. Oh...and yes, by 6 sp I meant MT. Never bought a car for myself that was not a MT...and don't ever see it happening. Even with some of the new CVTs actually getting slightly better mileage than a MT, I still like the control it gives....and I just enjoy rowing through the gears.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts
You just gave me a reason to walk out to my garage... BRB.
CK

It's a Denso ECU, which is good, because I plan on getting an OV Tune later on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts