2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mike and I've been a classic Ford guy for the last 8 years (Fusion's were always my car of choice). Local dealer always gave me great deals on good features. A few years ago, when my lease was near its end, I decided to try driving a few cars. One of which was the Mazda3 Hatch (2020 model, naturally aspirated in summer of 2019). To my surprise, I fell in love with it. I'm about 6'0, 230, so not the tiniest of guys. I fit really well in it, and really liked it.

However, my wife and I always lease 2 cars at the same time and Ford made us a deal on a new Fusion and Edge (for her) that we couldn't refuse.

A few weeks ago, my Fusion got totaled in an accident (no injuries thankfully), and my first instinct was to get the 2021 Mazda3 hatch in the 2.5 Turbo Premium Plus AWD trim. To my surprise, there were only two in Black exterior w/ Red interior within 300 miles of me. Called a dealership in Brooklyn, worked out the price over the phone, drove an hour and a half, signed it, and drove it. A really pleasant experience which is just further bolstering my excitement for this car.

It's really an incredible little vehicle. I'm so happy with it, and my wife loves it too! It's been a very drastic shift from Ford to Mazda as far as ergonomics, driving, and the overall driver experience, but it's a welcomed change for sure! I'm really impressed with this car, and finally understand what all the hype is about.

Anyway, it's nice to be here, and I'll be looking to do some basic mods in the near future (tint, air intake, maybe an exhaust). I'll go to the appropriate sub-forums to ask questions there, but just wanted to tell you all a little bit about myself

-Mike

PS: Please excuse the pollen (lol). Woke up this morning and it looks like the Hulk had some fun all over the car

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looks excellent! I also recently purchased my first ever Mazda. After having driven my Ex's CX-9 several times I was impressed with the interior and general look. After she put lots of kids, dogs and hard miles on it the thing still ran and look great. I wanted a manual small car for work commute duty and there are not many choices anymore. The Mazda 3 stood out from the competition. So I got one and am quite happy with it. Lets hope this Mazda experiment works out for us both!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi & Welcome! My first thought was "what pollen?". Where we live, pollen season brings yellow snowdrifts, LOL. You can still tell the color of your beautiful new car (y)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts