2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just picked up this last week:

2011 Mazda 3 i Touring. (There was not one 2.5L in my budget in my area)

I love this car, it's such a jump from my 2009 Elantra LE I had before. It's already fun to drive, but I figure why stop there? I'm hoping to do a little modding, and turn it into a nice sleeper car. Air intake, new exhaust? Is it worth trying to mod an automatic 2.0L? Nothing nuts, just looking for some more horses.

I look forward to learning the ins and outs of this car, as well as other people's rides.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2008 2.0 sedan
I got it in October and i love it, i put a cold air intake in it and took the resonator out and just put in a straight pipe
Just from doing that you can notice some what of a difference.
The only thing that i would say is bad about these cars is finding parts.
Depending on what you want, parts can be hard to find.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi all, I just picked up this last week:

2011 Mazda 3 i Touring. (There was not one 2.5L in my budget in my area)

I love this car, it's such a jump from my 2009 Elantra LE I had before. It's already fun to drive, but I figure why stop there? I'm hoping to do a little modding, and turn it into a nice sleeper car. Air intake, new exhaust? Is it worth trying to mod an automatic 2.0L? Nothing nuts, just looking for some more horses.

I look forward to learning the ins and outs of this car, as well as other people's rides.
welcome to the club! personally i do alot of visual upgrades for example light upgrades like changing out your interior lights for leds and some lights on the outside for leds and maybe your headlights for HID. doing this might me cheaper vs performace mods and it will give your car a more expensive higher trim feeling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts