2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The first thing I did to my speed3 was remove the license plate bracket, which imo was really hideous. Then I decided to fill the holes, and since that would've been a waste of time, I went all out and bought a whole new bumper insert instead.

So... My question is: What did you guys do about the whole license plate hole dilemma? Did you use bumper plugs? Do you not mind the stock license plate bracket? Did you car come without it? I'm really curious to know other people opinion on the topic! (add pictures!)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Mine came without the bracket mounted. My dealer knows better than to do that since we don't have front plates in FL.

·
Registered
641 Posts
When i bought mine in PA they were about to drilling into the front bumper to mount my Jersey plate until i yelled at them not too. I wasnt about to let them drill into my brand new car!

I didnt want to mount it front dead and center so I made a custom side mount. :yes:

·
Registered
271 Posts
I just took off the plate and didn't bother doing anything with the holes. Unless you look up close, you can't really see them anyway. Didn't want to spend the $35+ just for bumper plugs.

·
1,577 Posts
First thing I did: Debadged the rear.

When we bought our new 2012 Mazda 5 I told the dealer, if they put front holes on, I won't take delivery. Given CA is a front plate state, they made me sign a waiver, which I happily did.

No holes on my MS3 front either. Though here in West La street parking, no front plate = $65 ticket.

How much was the front bumper piece you bought to replace?

·
Super Moderator
6,186 Posts

When we bought our new 2012 Mazda 5 I told the dealer, if they put front holes on, I won't take delivery. Given CA is a front plate state, they made me sign a waiver, which I happily did.

No holes on my MS3 front either. Though here in West La street parking, no front plate = $65 ticket.

Want to trade grill inserts?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

It's MSRP is $115+tax, but I got it 20% off by ordering it on behalf of my friend's mechanic shop.. So it cost me around 80 bucks. PS: I like how you said you wouldn't take delivery, that's boss

·
Registered
271 Posts

My state also requires the front plate. Being the dumbass that I am, though, I forgot to make they didn't drill holes in my bumper. :argh 1: Oh well. At least it's just a mazda3, not some expensive sports car...

·
1,577 Posts
It's MSRP is $115+tax, but I got it 20% off by ordering it on behalf of my friend's mechanic shop.. So it cost me around 80 bucks. PS: I like how you said you wouldn't take delivery, that's boss
On my 07 S2000 Rio yellow when bought new, told the dealer that. They put holes in it. Didn't take delivery. Waited 9 weeks till another Rio Yellow came in.

I figure I pay for the car, so I should have it my way :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was thinking about doing this too.. I was an idiot and drilled holes in my bumper. So I have 4 holes total. What's this part called? I couldn't find it on any Oem websites. I have a regular Mazda 3 though.
I'm not sure what the exact name for the part is but I refer to it as the bumper insert or anything similar; your best bet if you want to do the same would be to call the parts department of your nearest Mazda dealer and tell them what part you want. There gonna handle it based on your VIN so you can't go wrong. Also you might wanna try this link here: oemmazdaparts.com Also if you go to the dealership in person, they can print out the parts diagram for you so know exactly which part your getting

·
1,577 Posts
All you guys changing that, if you don't like the smiley face, can't you upgrade to the 2013 standard black part on the hatch bumper?

·
Free Tibet! Today Only!!
914 Posts
Technically not if you're a speed owner, but I'd definitely to see someone try to fit it in thurr. :tongue:

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
On my 07 S2000 Rio yellow when bought new, told the dealer that. They put holes in it. Didn't take delivery. Waited 9 weeks till another Rio Yellow came in.

I figure I pay for the car, so I should have it my way :)
not that it matters, but all Ap1 and Ap2 bumpers have holes in them, they are molded in with threaded inserts to hold the bracket plates. Honda dealers also give you covers for them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts