2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday a close friend of mine came over and since I've been out of the detailing loop for a number of years, he was kind enough to loan me his random orbital polisher and a couple clean finishing pads as all I have is a rotary and that's way too powerful for what my car needed. I dug out some old Menzerna Super Finish polish I've had for awhile and went to town on the car. I've always been careful with washing my 3, using the two-bucket method, staying far away from automated car washes and the like but due to the soft Mazda paint, I had some minor swirling in a few places. But once I was done, the results were amazing. I've never seen the flake pop like it does now and it was well worth the effort.

Process:
- Two-bucket hand wash with microfiber wash mitt
- Waffle weave drying towels
- Remove embedded contaminants using Griot's clay and Stoner Tarminator for stubborn tar spots
- Single-step polishing using Menzerna Super Finish
- Protected with Blackfire Wet Diamond paint sealant
- Interior was vacuumed and blown out with compressed air. Dash wiped down and trash cleared out from door pockets.
- Driver seat was cleaned and conditioned using dedicated leather products.

Summer Detail 2019 by Andrew, on Flickr

Mazda Snowflake White Pearl Mica by Andrew, on Flickr

Mazda Snowflake White Pearl Mica by Andrew, on Flickr

·
Registered
218 Posts
Im also a amateur detailer, question, how long did it take you to do all of this? you clayed everything or just the high contaminated areas?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks flawless and must have been a pain to do but the results show. those wheels look sick btw
Thanks. I really love the gray wheels and it makes the 2018 models stand out instantly.

Im also a amateur detailer, question, how long did it take you to do all of this? you clayed everything or just the high contaminated areas?
I started around 10:30 AM and finished around 7:15 PM with a 45ish minute break for lunch and to recharge my own batteries. If you're going to clay a car, do the whole thing as it's not just areas contaminated by road grime that get bad. Even if you don't see much coming up on the clay, you'll feel it coming off and you'll feel the difference after.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts