2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

First post

Tags
2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  minsanity 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. I was prompted every time I logged in to introduce myself, so I thought that posting this might take away that message. Apparently, I need 10 post to see pictures on threads, so I might try to keep this going for a bit.

But really, my girlfriend just bought a 2016 3 hatchback, and I'm not going to be able to leave it alone. Ive got a great plan for her ride, but no one reads long posts so I'll wait. There's some great info here, so thanks for that.

#3 ·
Here's my thoughts... she bought a Isport 2.0

Interior...
Cargo liner, we have dogs...
Soft Mazda 3 5 door oem

Floor mats
All weather Mazda oem

Stereo... haven't decided which speakers yet, but switch out oem 6 and add a small amp(if adding amp is possible)

Seats, she wants leather, she's got quotes for $1299 all

Exterior...

Tint 20%

Front air dam oem

Rear underskirt 5 door oem

Side still extensions oem

Wheels... rtx envy matte gunmetal. 18x8 all around

Tires... nitto nt555 g2 225/40 18(im not sold on this size yet, just initial thoughts, I love nittos thought)

Springs... I'd like to get the racing beat springs just to drop the car a bit, but I don't want to stiffen the ride as it will just be a daily driver.

Engine

K&n 69 series typhoon aluminum cold air intake with red filter

Tune.... undecided

This is not my car, these are not the things I would necessarily do, they're catered to her. Anyway, if you see any flaws in my thoughts please let me know, or if you just want to call me stupid, please I'm all ears(they do stick out a bit).

Shack

#6 · (Edited)
Welcome Shack! You do have the modding bug. I applaud its "contagion."

BTW, LOL, as I have done over 30 of them in my first two months -- link with detailed info is in my signature below. In fact, I will finish another mod this Friday.

If you are considering leather, and have not done so already, would take a look at Katzskin -- and their authorized installers. Road Wire is another, but never have had them. If close in price, I would go with Katzskin:

https://katzkin.com/

Fun; fun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.