2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Welcome. Good trade to make. Your Mazda is far more reliable. But then I'm biased. Was forced to constantly repair an old neon for my parents years ago. It became very personal. Mostly it kept telling me that I'm a piece of human garbage every time I worked on it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome. Good trade to make. Your Mazda is far more reliable. But then I'm biased. Was forced to constantly repair an old neon for my parents years ago. It became very personal. Mostly it kept telling me that I'm a piece of human garbage every time I worked on it.
Well, the 200S V6 was a good car for us, no problems really. But a few things pushed us to trade, we wanted a car with color, was tired of the billet silver even after we vinyl wrapped its roof red. And it didn't have the AWD or upgraded infotainment. And we don't often haul anyone in the back anymore. So we started looking at the compact class. First Japanese car I've ever bought, but the domestics have abandoned sedans mostly. So we drove this, a Jetta, a Civic, and an Impreza. The Mazda3 was better in most of our personal categories. So, we got this fully loaded Premium one to catch all the bells and whistles.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I agree that you made a great choice.

I owned both a Neon and a Stratus and liked them both. It is a shame that Chrysler stopped developing cars and focused on trucks instead.

I am confident you will love your Mazda.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I rented a 2014 Chrysler 200S on a trip to LA once when they first came out, and it was an attractive car and handled well. It was a shame that Chrysler, Ford and GM abandoned their sedan models just as they were becoming dynamically more competitive.

But your Mazda is definitely an upgrade, so congrats!

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,271 Posts
Congrats!
Hello, we just got a 2021 Mazda3 Turbo AWD in Soul Red. We are very impressed with the car so far. Traded a 2015 Chrysler 200S for it.
You're a lucky owner! at the right time and place. Turbo with AWD has been the envy of many Mazda owners, which were during the dark ages (no-turbo) 2013-2020.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I rented a 2014 Chrysler 200S on a trip to LA once when they first came out, and it was an attractive car and handled well. It was a shame that Chrysler, Ford and GM abandoned their sedan models just as they were becoming dynamically more competitive.

But your Mazda is definitely an upgrade, so congrats!
Agree that they dropped them just as some were getting very good.
I have a 19 Dodge Challenger SP and an older 04 Jeep LJ to keep the MOPAR fires burning. But I've always been a Mazda fan from afar, and now even more so. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Your car also has the best color- that shade of red is just great to look at, especially in the evening sun when it's been spiffed up :)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Remember to keep bird shit off the Soul Red. My wife's car is painted SR and a 2 week old dollop of bird shit ate through to the bare metal. I'm probably up for a full door repaint after the panel shop looks at it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Remember to keep bird shit off the Soul Red. My wife's car is painted SR and a 2 week old dollop of bird shit ate through to the bare metal. I'm probably up for a full door repaint after the panel shop looks at it.
Yeah, that can be a mess. Sorry that happened to yours. :(
Where my wife parks the Mazda can be bad for the artillery spores that come out of the mulch; little black spots that stick to the finish. Keeping the car well waxed helps make it a little easier to clean off, but the sun really bakes crap like that on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Your car also has the best color- that shade of red is just great to look at, especially in the evening sun when it's been spiffed up :)
Yes, the beautiful color definitely figured into our purchase choice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts