2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking for a while but i guess its time to share with the internet. I had a 2002 Nissan maxima that I've been driving since senior year in high school from 2012 - February 2019. It got totaled because some idiots decided to stop in the left lane of the highway.

March 2019 I bought a new 2018 2.5 touring hatch in machine gray. Automatic. I got a pretty good deal on it with the 2019s coming in. This car absolutely poops on my old car in every way.

So far I've put on just under 3000 miles. I added fog lights, hella horns, plasti-dipped all the exterior chrome, and added sound deadening to the rear seats, trunk and all doors. I also bought weathertech mats for the front and back seats and got a Mazda OEM trunk mat.

The sound deadening took me days to do - a lot of cutting and fitting. But absolutely worth it. $300 worth of Raamat from Raamaudio. The car is much quieter and more comfortable.

For the future... I doubt I will do anything to the engine. I want to change the suspension to something sportier and stiffer when the OEM parts start going out. Possibly a set of 16" steelies with winter tires. Eventually a roof rack when my minivan is no longer part of our fleet. I would love to get tints but New York has ridiculous tint laws. I wish NY didn't have a dumb front plate law either.

Overall, I really do enjoy this car.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice!!! Any "during" or "after" photos of the sound deadening install? It's something I'd like to do to my '15 hatch.
https://imgur.com/a/kxxJCNg

There’s a few more pics in here. I put one layer of raamat and 1 layer of ensolite on top of almost everything.

Also, there’s other people that have shared their sound deadening in the audio section where people post their speaker upgrades.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nice, congrats and I like the changes. Agree about license plate, Texas is same. I never thought this car was that loud, I guess because I came from a lifted Wrangler.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I would love to get tints but New York has ridiculous tint laws. I wish NY didn't have a dumb front plate law either.

Overall, I really do enjoy this car.
this is why i like florida a bit better, Just to let you know i believe if you look (JDMITOY) they sell a front licence plate bracket so it looks so much better on the front. in regards to the tint i love my tint, it seems like FL doesn't care about tint. but im in central FL i the cities so i assume police have better things to do than to stop people with tint.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this is why i like florida a bit better, Just to let you know i believe if you look (JDMITOY) they sell a front licence plate bracket so it looks so much better on the front. in regards to the tint i love my tint, it seems like FL doesn't care about tint. but im in central FL i the cities so i assume police have better things to do than to stop people with tint.
I would love to have Florida laws here. New York laws are so bad. I can’t even pass inspection with tints in the back seats. Meanwhile SUVs can have tints in the back seats. A cx3 which is lifted 2 extra inches off the ground can have tints in the back seats but not sedans. It seems like people only people with badges (PD and Corrections) and skin/eye conditions can have tints in NY.

·
Registered
73 Posts
nice jobs on the sound deadening. I picked up my 2018 hatch GT today. May look into what you did once i drive it for a while. A DIY would be helpful

·
Registered
80 Posts
Very impressive. Nice ride. Enjoy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts