2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can i update my MZD from Japan firmware to Europe firmware?

Because currently only japan language is available and as far as i understand i need to update my firmware in order to get English option.

Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did this today - dashboard I think was already in English but it enabled voice command. JP 2014 Mazda 3 to AU/NZ firmware 0.7 something.

·
Registered
4 Posts
how did you do it pls? i need to do mine cause its only japanese... and there is no language change option.. i tried google translate
Just follow the instructions here: Mazda-MZD Connect FIRMWARE Downloads-UPDATED

You might have to guess some parts if it is in JP. I upgraded from JP to AU and it worked fine (including GPS). I think I went from .59 (or something like that) to the latest (.7 something) in one upgrade.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,

I have a Mazda Demio 2018 1.3 with 59.00.540 JP M os version imported from Japan.

How did you guys update the Japan version system to EU? Everything is working normally? GPS? Audio system..etc?
On other forums, they're saying after Japan market Mazda firmware update is not gonna work the EU GPS and a lot of things..

This is true? Anyone any issue after JP M to EU update?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
At least the radio frequencys/stations are different from JP to EU (in the TAU unit, not in the MZD). But the MZD firmware does not affect that... thats the only thing I remember which I read about. But people having done the change from JP to EU FW might know more.

·
Registered
13 Posts
At least the radio frequencys/stations are different from JP to EU (in the TAU unit, not in the MZD). But the MZD firmware does not affect that... thats the only thing I remember which I read about. But people having done the change from JP to EU FW might know more.
Hi,

Thank you for your answer. I'm waiting for more posts might someone gonna write a few experiences.

For me is okay the actual firmware language, because has English already, but my system (Infotainment) is always restarting few times while I'm driving. Doesn't matter if I listening via Bluetooth, USB or Radio.

Thanks again

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've done JP to AU on a 2014 Axela, everything works fine including GPS (which was a surprise as I was expecting it to break because I understood JP models have different GPS hardware). Radio bands still don't work, but I think that's a hardware issue (the frequencies are now the correct ones in software, but it still doesn't pick up local stations).

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've done JP to AU on a 2014 Axela, everything works fine including GPS (which was a surprise as I was expecting it to break because I understood JP models have different GPS hardware). Radio bands still don't work, but I think that's a hardware issue (the frequencies are now the correct ones in software, but it still doesn't pick up local stations).
Thank you. This is good news. And now you can use your AU NNG SD-card Navigation? Also Bluetooth everything is working for you? Except for radio bands?

I'm trying to get the information from a lot of forums but isn't clear for me. Someone writing is the same someone is totally different. I don't understand it now.

I'll wait more a bit, might getting more experience from others, and after I'll try as well.

Thanks again

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all,

I did already update my JP firmware to EU. I had before 59.00.540 JP M version (Mazda Demio 2018) and I updated for 59.00.545 EU N version.

Everything is working fine except my navigation. My compass is working fine and I have the correct coordinates. I bought from ebay the newest version of NNG EU SD-card, but in the map it's pointing to a different country (Russia) and I'm at EU now. My Satellites it's on 0, not moving up any signal.

I was checking my GPS antenna if it's connecting normal, but I'm not finding the cable (blue) directly connected to my CMU like others on the pictures. I was checking more the car and disassembly more..

Btw I have GPS antenna (maybe another type or JP style) but it's connecting next to my TAU and I think after from the TAU is connected to the CMU on a different way. Can be it's a newer generation CMU? Or I have to buy another GPS antenna or the SD card is not good? I already tried 3x the battery trick. Also was driving more than 100 km. So now it's locked to my VIN/CID the card, and already checked with the Mazda-toolbox it's updated the maps +3 years. Maybe I have to updated for v7? Anyone has the same or idea, please?

Thanks again

·
Registered
63 Posts
GPS antenna connects direct to CMU and Japan uses the same GPS you and me uses. There is GPS diagnostic in CMU
Hold for +2s
  • Volume dial
  • AUDIO button
  • FAVORITES button
  • Type 72
  • be outside in a clear to sky place

Check if the antenna is firmly attached, looks like you did all the usual troubleshooting, reset, card write enable, toolbox, someone would chime in with more ideas.
Edit: Check also in diagnostic #61
61​
Vehicle Signal (Unit Status)​
GPS antenna signal input condition and SD card insertion condition

·
Registered
13 Posts
GPS antenna connects direct to CMU and Japan uses the same GPS you and me uses. There is GPS diagnostic in CMU
Hold for +2s
  • Volume dial
  • AUDIO button
  • FAVORITES button
  • Type 72
View attachment 278760
Check if the antenna is firmly attached, looks like you did all the usual troubleshooting, reset, card write enable, toolbox, someone would chime in with more ideas.
61​
Thank you craz! I'll check.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hold for +2s
  • Volume dial
  • AUDIO button
  • FAVORITES button
  • Type 72
View attachment 278760
61​
I checked today with the diagnostic screen test as you asked me with this 2 number (72, 61) pls.

I have 2 different results:

First (1-3) pictures is when the ebay SD-card was installed. No GPS coordinates (x,y, satellites).

Second (4-5) pictures I was checking without this SD-card as well. I have GPS coordinates and connected 16 satellites.

So, after this I reinstalled the same software (59.00.545 EU N) version but before I uninstalled Android Auto tweak and few tweaks as well as I was reading someone has a problem with the tweaks and the original navigation before. So I totally uninstalled the aio tweaks. After I did a fully factory reset. Unfortunately still the same issue.

I also checked again the GPS cable but I don't have connected like other cars to the CMU with this blue GPS cable to the antenna.

Thanks again.

With ebay SD-card:

Whitout SD-card:

And the cable what I found on Youtube video, but I don't have..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts