2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Finally got some info about the update from my dealer. They aren't updating customer cars. They're only updating the ones on the lot. They "might" update mine after Christmas if they deem the update acceptable.
That is horseshit and completely unacceptable. I'd be furious and would press Mazda Corp about the dealership and their practices. At this point, I'd be going off principle and would start making demands. Outrageous.

·
Technical Director
303 Posts
That is horseshit and completely unacceptable. I'd be furious and would press Mazda Corp about the dealership and their practices. At this point, I'd be going off principle and would start making demands. Outrageous.
I really wanted it done before I have to go out of town tomorrow, but the dealership simply said no. I've been on them about this since the middle of last month when we had a few bugs pop up.

·
Registered
352 Posts
So I went by the dealer at lunch to pick up my permanent plates and registration sticker and asked the service guys while I was there. They were well aware of the issues but claimed their copy had not yet been delivered and couldn't say when they'd be scheduling customer installs.

Nobody was the least bit rude, but not even having the firmware >2 weeks after launch is getting to be a little crazy.

·
Registered
57 Posts
While I'm visiting my Dad, I'll see if I can work out something with his local dealer. I would like a bumper guard, so that might give them a reason to bring it on in! My local dealer won't budge until they feel that the update is acceptable. Mazda Corporate called and talked to them about this mess too.

Hey I know you leave out Friday and I live only 30 min. from Mayfield. I live in Union City, TN. You could take your car to Paducah Ford/ Mazda for the update I guess, but I WOULD strongly recommend to take it to where I bought my 2014 because they have already done it to every new Mazda 3 on their lot including mine ! That dealer is Gwatney Mazda of Jackson in Jackson, TN. It will only be a 1.5 hour drive from Mayfield. I know they will do it.

:thumbup 1:

·
Technical Director
303 Posts
Hey I know you leave out Friday and I live only 30 min. from Mayfield. I live in Union City, TN. You could take your car to Paducah Ford/ Mazda for the update I guess, but I WOULD strongly recommend to take it to where I bought my 2014 because they have already done it to every new Mazda 3 on their lot including mine ! That dealer is Gwatney Mazda of Jackson in Jackson, TN. It will only be a 1.5 hour drive from Mayfield. I know they will do it.

:thumbup 1:
Thanks! I had no idea you lived so close to my hometown. I have business in Murray on Monday, I don't know how long I'll be tied up, but I could take it one other day next week. It didn't occur to me that Union City had a Mazda Dealer since I never see ads for them when I visit my Dad.

Fun fact, I used to shoot and edit commercials for Paducah Ford/Lincoln/Mazda ages ago when I still lived down there.

·
Technical Director
303 Posts
So I went by the dealer at lunch to pick up my permanent plates and registration sticker and asked the service guys while I was there. They were well aware of the issues but claimed their copy had not yet been delivered and couldn't say when they'd be scheduling customer installs.

Nobody was the least bit rude, but not even having the firmware >2 weeks after launch is getting to be a little crazy.
That's the same rubbish I encountered.

·
Technical Director
303 Posts
No there is not one in Union City, I was talking about JACKSON, TN where I bought this 2014. My 2012 Mazda 3 was bought at Paducah Ford. FYI both dealer's (Paducah and Jackson,TN) service departments are open on Saturday's also ! I did try to trade at Paducah this time too but I got a better deal at the Jackson dealer.
Mazda Car Dealer - Jackson, Humbolt & Lexington, TN | Gwatney Mazda of Jackson
Paducah Ford Lincoln | Ford Dealer | Paducah | Metropolis

Sorry, I see that now. :blush 1: I missed that while ago.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Between the two dealers I know you can get it done. Jackson would be less than a 1.5 hour drive from Mayfield if Paducah can't do it.

·
Technical Director
303 Posts
Between the two dealers I know you can get it done. Jackson would be less than a 1.5 hour drive from Mayfield if Paducah can't do it.
I called Paducah today, and the guy was rude! He said he's not the Mazda tech, and the tech would be there Monday. He said he hasn't heard of anyone else complaining about the Infotainment system.

If they can't help me Monday, I may call Gateway, or the dealer up in Cape Girardeau, MO.

I did run into a few bugs on the way from Tulsa here. Had the bluetooth drop out, XM Radio worked, but gave me an error for a while. After a pit stop, everything worked OK for the rest of the trip.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I passed thru Mayfield twice today (went shopping in Paducah). If you want me to I can call Monday and make sure with the service manager at Gwatney Mazda of Jackson (TN) that they WOULD be willing to do the MSP41 update for you like they done on my car. I will explain the whole ordeal that these other dealers are putting you through ! I am sure he will say ok. Just PM me if you want me to.

·
Technical Director
303 Posts
I passed thru Mayfield twice today (went shopping in Paducah). If you want me to I can call Monday and make sure with the service manager at Gwatney Mazda of Jackson (TN) that they WOULD be willing to do the MSP41 update for you like they done on my car. I will explain the whole ordeal that these other dealers are putting you through ! I am sure he will say ok. Just PM me if you want me to.
I'm going to give them a call again tomorrow, because I am visiting a friend in Paducah on Tuesday and if I can get them to see me then, that would be great. If they can't, I may have to take you up on your offer and see if I can get it to Martin/Jackson early Wednesday or Thursday. The forecast is calling for winter weather Saturday, so I may be heading back to Tulsa earlier than expected, Friday instead of Saturday, if they up the chance for freezing rain/snow on Saturday.

I'm stuck in Murray most of the day tomorrow.

·
Technical Director
303 Posts
Well, that was an epic fail. They kept me there four hours. No offer of a loaner. Then, they said the update failed and they sent me home. They said if they sort if out, they'll call me back before I leave for Tulsa. They didn't even have the update loaded on their thumb drive to put in the car. Most of my time was spent waiting while they downloaded it off the Internet. Then, it just wouldn't update the car.

You should've heard the colorful metaphors my husband used when I called him.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone in the DFW area get their update yet? I tried emailing the dealership in Mesquite, but didn't get a response. Just wondering if anyone has had better luck at any of the other dealerships in the area.

81 - 100 of 116 Posts