2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2014 Mazda3 (VIN: JM1BM ... ) and I'm trying to upgrade the Mazda Connect Infotainment firmware. I live in North America, and the infotainment's version section displays:

OS Version is 27.00.000
Music Database Version is 00.00.013
Fail-Safe Version is 27.00.000

Going to the Diagnostic Test Screen and typing "53" gives me:

MAZ_CMU-140_27.00.000

I've read the Mazda Connect Firmware Update Bible and many forum posts, and have formatted a Kingston DataTraveler 2.0 8GB USB stick with FAT32 and the following files:

cmu140_NA_31.00.100A_failsafe.up
cmu140_NA_31.00.100A_reinstall.up

I've tried to follow the PDF instructions as carefully as I can, but after typing "99" on the diagnostic test screen to search for the .up files, the infotainment screen says "No New Update Packages Available".

Using my Windows 10 PC, I've tried to reformat and put only those two files on again, I've done an SHA check, and I've checked the USB drive for any errors, but have not made any progress. Does anybody have any suggestions?

I've found some other threads that deal with similar issues below:

Thanks to anybody that can help.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Can the USB stick be used to play MP3 files from it (can it be read at all)? If you really used FAT32 and copied the files directly to the root (not in subfolder) there’s not much I could recommend except trying a different USB stick. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just letting everybody know that this issue was resolved today.

Yesterday I bought a new (Patriot Supersonic Boost USB 3.1 16 GB) USB stick and loaded the NA_31.00.100A files on it. I inserted it into the console this morning, and it found the files perfectly. I installed the failsafe.up and the reinstall.up files.

I then used the old Kingston 8GB just to see if I could install the 3 NA_59.00.441A files, and it found them and installed them perfectly. So who knows.

Anyways my next stop is to install the AIO tweaks. Thanks all!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
I have Mazda 3 2014 with OS version 56.0.0.100 EU N and File Safe Version 21.00.000 so the versions are not the same. Please advise what steps I should take in order to install the latest version.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
If a FW before FW 31 ist installed (like your FW 21), you first should update to FW 31.00.100A EU, do so for the fail safe (as for the reinstallation file you have FW 56 already). Then update to 70.00.100 EU for both. Only after that, it is recommended to update to latest 70.00.352 EU.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If a FW before FW 31 ist installed (like your FW 21), you first should update to FW 31.00.100A EU, do so for the fail safe (as for the reinstallation file you have FW 56 already). Then update to 70.00.100 EU for both. Only after that, it is recommended to update to latest 70.00.352 EU.
Thank you for your reply.
Do I need to switch off the system after updating the fail-safe version to 31.00.100A EU or just continue straight to the fail-safe 70.00.100 EU and then to the OS 70.00.100 EU ?

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I do not know if you have to reboot after installing just the fail-safe file. I`ve never done just one file of these two. But I would assume that you can reboot the system afterwards, as at the moment with two different versions its also no problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I do not know if you have to reboot after installing just the fail-safe file. I`ve never done just one file of these two. But I would assume that you can reboot the system afterwards, as at the moment with two different versions its also no problem.
Thank you a lot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts