2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! Regarding the alteration of the radio, I can insert my own five cents. Since I have successfully done from the Japanese standard to the European one. We need dumps from the European TAU: processor -D70F33933B, eeprom-24C08 and flash memory -MX25l1633 (this is only in case of a model change), as well as a slight hardware improvement. Remove unnecessary resistors near the processor.
Please tell us a little more about it. I have EU and US TAU. I want the US to flash to work properly in Europe. Thank You!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good morning dear, could you help me I do not have much experience in updating MZD and I would like to know the following ...
I will buy a USB module to have android car in my mazda cx-5 gt 2.0 year 2016 (Chile) and I read many forums where it says that I have to change the MZD firmware, and I see that it is not very difficult to do it, the doubt falls to me decide which firmware version is correct for my computer since it is not the same as the one shown in the tutorials and forums
current version os 56.00.100 4A N

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Gadget Personal luxury car

What is the most current version that I can update to?
where can i download it?
How can I have the mirror function for the cell phone?

Thank you very much for your help, I will be attentive to your comments.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Before installing the Android Auto/Apple Carplay (AA/CP) hardware, you have to install any firmware starting with 70.00.xxx. This enables AA/CP when the hardware (new hub+2 cables) is installed afterwards.

For your ADR region the most current version is 70.00.367 ADR (also called 4 AN). In this forum here are no inofficial links/servers available anymore, as the copyright owners are very strict lately and deleted all of them. So you have to organize the firmware elsewhere - e.g. let it install at your local Mazda dealer. Mazda does not want us customers to install the firmware, therefore they do not publish it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Before installing the Android Auto/Apple Carplay (AA/CP) hardware, you have to install any firmware starting with 70.00.xxx. This enables AA/CP when the hardware (new hub+2 cables) is installed afterwards.

For your ADR region the most current version is 70.00.367 ADR (also called 4 AN). In this forum here are no inofficial links/servers available anymore, as the copyright owners are very strict lately and deleted all of them. So you have to organize the firmware elsewhere - e.g. let it install at your local Mazda dealer. Mazda does not want us customers to install the firmware, therefore they do not publish it.
Hello Friend, I understand your explanation made me very clear about it! I will quote in my workshop when the update comes out, thank you very much for your help! Have a great day!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi everyone!
I can confirm about changing US TAU to EU. I've bought European TAU with the right connectors and connected without any adapters. Like d3vil said in post #2, just need to find right model for your car configuration. I have Bose with 11 speakers. Found on ebay european analog GMM966DRX. US and British cars (RHD) in Europe have the same connectors. There are few other suitable models for my configuration, but EU models have different connectors and requires adapter.
About firmware. I have customized my CMU with tweaks and decided not to rewrite EU firmware. I changed region in XML file and left original US firmware. Funniest thing that after changing XML file it shows now OS version is EU in info panel :) Anyway US firmware working correctly with EU radio, all services also works (ldws, bluetooth, nav, etc.).
Hi everyone!
I can confirm about changing US TAU to EU. I've bought European TAU with the right connectors and connected without any adapters. Like d3vil said in post #2, just need to find right model for your car configuration. I have Bose with 11 speakers. Found on ebay european analog GMM966DRX. US and British cars (RHD) in Europe have the same connectors. There are few other suitable models for my configuration, but EU models have different connectors and requires adapter.
About firmware. I have customized my CMU with tweaks and decided not to rewrite EU firmware. I changed region in XML file and left original US firmware. Funniest thing that after changing XML file it shows now OS version is EU in info panel :) Anyway US firmware working correctly with EU radio, all services also works (ldws, bluetooth, nav, etc.).
Hi Presley,

I have Mazda 3 2014 BM model. My TAU unit is JAP and FM is ADR 70. Please explain me how to change region from Jap to NZ in XML file.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Presley,

I have Mazda 3 2014 BM model. My TAU unit is JAP and FM is ADR 70. Please explain me how to change region from Jap to NZ in XML file.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Hi,

You will need to SSH to your CMU to change XML file. You can find in forum how to SSH to your CMU depending on what firmware version you have.
File located here: jci/settings/configurations/maz_cmu-root.xml

1. Run command: mount -o rw,remount /
3. Edit your XML file. Find this section in XML file and change value from 5 (JP) to 3 (4A). My is 1 (EU)
====================
<Node key="cmu">
<!-- Region: 1-EU, 2-NA, 3-4A, 4-ChinaTaiwan, 5-JP -->
<Node key="Region" data="S16" value="1"/>
====================
4. After you change “maz_cmu-root.xml“ you need to delete xxxxxxx.bin file at
/mnt/data/com/jci/cpp/settings/XXXXXXXX.bin
5. Run command: mount -o ro,remount /
6. Reboot: press back+nav+mute

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
@presley : Thanks for this info. To prevent any misunderstanding: Does this code-change in the CMU really changes the settings this way, that no new TAU is necessary to use/display the local ADR/4A/NZ radio stations/frequencies?

Example: User KKT has TAU JP and CMU ADR (4 AN). He should simply change the region key in the CMU from JP to 4A. Is the result, that the correct radio frequencies of the 4 AN/ADR/NZ-region are used/displayed? Without a change of the TAU? So the CMU setting reprograms the TAU? Sound too good to be real for my understanding, that`s why I have to ask.

So far I thought that a TAU change is required to get the correct frequencies/radio stations if you import a car. As so far no one except some unknown russian guy can extract and change the TAU firmware itself.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Tristan, by re using your scripts I was able to do the same with AIO instead of SSH.
I was messing with a DVD player I'd purchase from Japan and I needed to change to JP region otherwise it won't work.

File to be delete is F43AC577.bin but it might be different from region to region.
I have the same question @Tristan-cx5 asked @presley if editing .xml file would change TAU FM frequency range from Japan 76-90 MHz to Europe 87.5—108Mhz? :unsure:

[

·
Registered
36 Posts
File to be delete is F43AC577.bin but it might be different from region to region.
[
This file is unique and randomly generated characters in every car. That's why I wrote xxxxxx.bin

I have the same question @Tristan-cx5 asked @presley if editing .xml file would change TAU FM frequency range from Japan 76-90 MHz to Europe 87.5—108Mhz? :unsure:
Short answer: NO
Changing XML settings will only affect correct displaying frequency in radio application. It will not reprogram TAU unit! You will need to change TAU unit according to your region. You can change region in XML file instead of flashing other region CMU firmware. I had tweaks installed on original NA firmware and didn't want to flash EU firmware for correct displaying in radio app. After replacing USA TAU to EU TAU I left original NA firmware with edited EU region.

·
Registered
285 Posts
That's what I thought, it's necessary to replace TAU.
Well, I found same file F43AC577.bin in two CX5 NA CMU and one ADR CMU and searching this forum there's another instance, so is not random, possible is set by model.
Anyway, because I didn't know the file name to be delete it I used the code below with a wildcard to locate and copy to USB any .bin file in the settings folder.
Code:
cp /mnt/data/com/jci/cpp/settings/*.bin /mnt/sd*/config/

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I've searched all across this forum, but couldnt find any info/tutorial about this ssh to cmu connection, I want to change region of my mazda from US to EU, could someone give a link to tutorial or instruction how to access that xml file? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Tutorial for SSH to CMU connection: https://www.drive2.ru/l/479622916028236477/ (use e.g. Google Chrome`s built-in translator). You can e.g. use the windows command line and additonally WinSCP software for an easier windows like access. The file itself you e.g. could edit via Notepad++ software.

Remember what is written above in post #92: Changing the code of the xml file alone will not work, you also have to change the TAU.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have a reference guide as to which TAU's can be used in my car? I have a GBVH66DRX in my US 2018 Mazda 6 GT, Turbo, Satellite, Navigation, lane departure, etc. with Bose 11 Sound system.

The TAU I have is bad, needs replacement but the problem is I've ordered it from 3 different websites (who all claim it's in stock) and a few days after they say it's not available. There are no used TAU's with that part number on ebay that I can find.

I know I need a Bose TAU since they send line level spkr out.

If I get a Bose compatible TAU from a CX-5 or CX-9, etc. Can I flash the latest firmware 74.xxx to use as an alternative? Anyone have an experience with a substitute TAU?

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Have you checked the xls from post#25?

Why did you try website dealers only? Why not ask a local Mazda dealer?

TAU can not be flashed with the firmware (e.g. FW 74) of the CMU (MZD). So far it is not known here how to reflash a TAU, and there is no TAU firmware available.

As far as I know (never did it myself), if you import a US car to EU, you need an EU TAU and a EU firmware to be able to use the correct radio stations/frequencies. And probabaly some wiring adjustemts or adapter, as the TAU of EU and USA might have different wiring.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Does anyone have a reference guide as to which TAU's can be used in my car? I have a GBVH66DRX in my US 2018 Mazda 6 GT, Turbo, Satellite, Navigation, lane departure, etc. with Bose 11 Sound
If I get a Bose compatible TAU from a CX-5 or CX-9, etc. Can I flash the latest firmware 74.xxx to use as an alternative? Anyone have an experience with a substitute TAU?
I have GMP166DRX with bose 11 from my US mazda 6 GT 2016. This model is suitable for you. PM if interested.
You don’t need to update firmware, just find suitable model and change it. It can be found on cx5 and cx9 also, just look for bose 11 model and check connectors.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am working on this right now. I've asked a kid that has some spare time to fill the Tuner model DB with their features from the European gEPC and I'm going to pop the cover on my first tuner in the following days to read the firmware.
Basically, they have the following features:
  • FM with a 50kHz channel spacer (no RDS, for Vietnam and other countries), 100kHz channel spacer (with RDS, EU), 200kHz (US and HD Radio)
  • AM with 5 kHz channel spacer (Short Wave) or 9kHz channel Spacer (Medium Wave)
  • Optional Sirius/XM Satellite Radio Support
  • Optional DAB+ tuner (only terrestrial, not satellite)
  • Optional CD Input on some cars
  • Optional Lane Departure Warning support on some cars
  • Optional Automatic Headlight support (I don't know what the relationship is)
  • Optional RDS for 5/100kHz 9/100kHz and 9/200kHz configurations
  • 4 Amplified 4ohm outputs (4/6speaker configuration)
  • 4 lineouts for Bose Amps
My EU Tuner is 9/100kHz with Bose line-out, LDW/CD/AutomaticHeadlight.
I also have access to three DAB+ EU Tuner with 9/100kHz and Bose line-out.
I am waiting for a 9/100kHz tuner from a Mazda 2 without DAB+ and in a 4 Amplified outputs configuration.

My thinking is that we can convert a US Tuner to an EU Tuner, while loosing HD-Radio and Sirius/XM. What needs to be done is to make sure that you get the firmware for the same features (LDW,CD,AutomaticHeadlights,externalAmp).

If anyone has access to the US/Chinese/Japanese/Korean/LatAm EPC, maybe they can also tell me all their list of tuner models in an XLS like the following:
PartNo, Car Catalogue, LHD/RHD, VIN Range, CD Input, Lane Departure, Automatic Headlights, Speakers (4 speakers/6 speakers/9 speakers/11 speakers), Bose, FM Tuner (50kHz/100kHz/200kHz), RDS, AM Tuner (5 kHz/9kHz), HD Radio, Sirius/XM, DAB+, ISDB-Tsb, T-DMB
GMS3-66-DRX,GL,LHD,300000-,TRUE,unk,unk,6speakers,FALSE,100kHz,TRUE,9kHz,FALSE,FALSE,TRUE,FALSE,FALSE

Remember to try the following cars BM,BN,GJ 300000-,GL,KE,KF,DJ,DK,DL,TC,ND in both RHD and LHD configuration.
hello, I installed the Compact Disc from factory but I need to ENABLE it in the CMU, can you help?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you checked the xls from post#25?

Why did you try website dealers only? Why not ask a local Mazda dealer?

TAU can not be flashed with the firmware (e.g. FW 74) of the CMU (MZD). So far it is not known here how to reflash a TAU, and there is no TAU firmware available.

As far as I know (never did it myself), if you import a US car to EU, you need an EU TAU and a EU firmware to be able to use the correct radio stations/frequencies. And probably some wiring adjustemts or adapter, as the TAU of EU and USA might have different wiring.
I had tried the local stealer but they were over $200 more for the part. I tried to order from non-dealers online and while they (CARID) said it was in their warehouse, of course it wasn't. I ended up ordering it from a dealer online and it finally arrived last week. Plugged it in and it works great, my audio is 100% back online.

I took apart the original TAU and inspected it with 10x magnifier and could not find any physical defect or damage on the CB's. I guess something just failed on it internally.

Thanks @presley for the offer of the other model. I was concerned it might be different since there really isn't much in the way of documentation on this piece of hardware so I wanted to stick with the original part number.

81 - 100 of 118 Posts