2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello friends. Help solve the problem.
I have a CX-9 from USA. I tried to change the firmware to European (59.00.449). I did everything according to the instructions - everything ended successfully! But When i try to change the system language to any other than English, an error appears.
I also tried installing other firmware. 59.00.532 and 70.00.100. The problem is all the same!
pull out navi sd, change then put sd back

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I've created an XLS (Mazda TAU.xls) that contains all the TAU units that I could find and all the details that I could gather. I've also mentioned the catalogues from which I've found them.
Catalogue refers to the parts catalogue, for example:
AEBA14 - Mazda 3 BM Europe 2013-
ALBA15 - Mazda 3 BM Global
AEBAM1 - Mazda 3 BM Europe 2014-
AUBAM1 - Mazda 3 BM North America 2014-
ALBAC6 - Mazda 3 BM China 2014-
Sometimes RHD models have a different catalogue.

FM Tuner refers to the channel spacing. 50kHz channel spacing means no RDS. 100kHz channel spacing allows for RDS. 200kHz channel spacing (like in the US) also allows HD Radio.

I can't promise that the Lane Departure Warning, CD-Player, Sat Radio, ISDB, TDMB features are correct. I've tried my best to figure them out from the part description or from the car brochures.

Feel free to add entries to the XLS file.

As soon as we can figure it out, we will add more details. Some tuners have an integrated 4-way AMP while some give line-out to the Bose AMP.

I'd also like to upload the firmwares from them to that folder, if we can.
Could you please help to advice me how to reflash the Japan TAU to EU TAU? I have plan to Bose TAU from Japan to use in Thailand.Because the EU FM radio frequency is same like in Thailand.It will be very appreciate If can tell me to do it.Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone, could you help me to convert US navigation SD card to EU.
I have US 16GB SD card with NA maps, license is valid till 2022, card is activated to my VIN.
I want to either add EU maps or just remove US maps and overwrite it with EU(I don't need US maps)
All links to the tools and instructions in this thread are dead already.
Could someone share this tools and instructions again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone!
Having read through this and other similar posts, I realize that there is no simple fix to get the EU radio frequencies into my 2016 CX-9 that I brought back from the US to Sweden. Is there even a TAU for the CX-9 (Bose) that has the right frequencies? If not, is there anything I can do to solve this except to buy an external FM-radio...

·
Registered
2 Posts
There are have never been any instructions on how to convert USA map to the European
Thanks for you willingness to help. I know that you make money on this service. But I am able to do it myself, not paying money for 15 min process.
There is a process and scripts that can do this. It was here, but now links are dead. I'm just asking if somebody can re-upload that scripts.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi everyone!
I can confirm about changing US TAU to EU. I've bought European TAU with the right connectors and connected without any adapters. Like d3vil said in post #2, just need to find right model for your car configuration. I have Bose with 11 speakers. Found on ebay european analog GMM966DRX. US and British cars (RHD) in Europe have the same connectors. There are few other suitable models for my configuration, but EU models have different connectors and requires adapter.
About firmware. I have customized my CMU with tweaks and decided not to rewrite EU firmware. I changed region in XML file and left original US firmware. Funniest thing that after changing XML file it shows now OS version is EU in info panel :) Anyway US firmware working correctly with EU radio, all services also works (ldws, bluetooth, nav, etc.).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Why don't use search? There is couple of threads how to make navigation :)

Read this to the end, but don't download any files, all needed files in next link:
Is there a chance to buy an EU Map Navi SD card?

You can download all needed files from here:
https://www.mazdagaraj.com/konular/mazda-3-bm-skyactiv-navigasyon.5213/

Note: NNGUpdateUSB scripts are already fixed here and do not need to edit or rename patched files.
You need to drive at least 60 miles (100 km) to lock card before updating with Toolbox!
Good luck!
Hi friend,
Could you send me NNGUpdateUSB file, all links are dead!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

I've created an XLS (Mazda TAU.xls) that contains all the TAU units that I could find and all the details that I could gather. I've also mentioned the catalogues from which I've found them.
Catalogue refers to the parts catalogue, for example:
AEBA14 - Mazda 3 BM Europe 2013-
ALBA15 - Mazda 3 BM Global
AEBAM1 - Mazda 3 BM Europe 2014-
AUBAM1 - Mazda 3 BM North America 2014-
ALBAC6 - Mazda 3 BM China 2014-
Sometimes RHD models have a different catalogue.

FM Tuner refers to the channel spacing. 50kHz channel spacing means no RDS. 100kHz channel spacing allows for RDS. 200kHz channel spacing (like in the US) also allows HD Radio.

I can't promise that the Lane Departure Warning, CD-Player, Sat Radio, ISDB, TDMB features are correct. I've tried my best to figure them out from the part description or from the car brochures.

Feel free to add entries to the XLS file.

As soon as we can figure it out, we will add more details. Some tuners have an integrated 4-way AMP while some give line-out to the Bose AMP.

I'd also like to upload the firmwares from them to that folder, if we can.
I am from singapore.i am looking at a set from australia BHS3-66-drx .i current have a set from amerca GMN4-66-DRX.apparently the channel spacing is different.i would like to know if the TAU is from Australia will the fm works well

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello! Regarding the alteration of the radio, I can insert my own five cents. Since I have successfully done from the Japanese standard to the European one. We need dumps from the European TAU: processor -D70F33933B, eeprom-24C08 and flash memory -MX25l1633 (this is only in case of a model change), as well as a slight hardware improvement. Remove unnecessary resistors near the processor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello! Regarding the alteration of the radio, I can insert my own five cents. Since I have successfully done from the Japanese standard to the European one. We need dumps from the European TAU: processor -D70F33933B, eeprom-24C08 and flash memory -MX25l1633 (this is only in case of a model change), as well as a slight hardware improvement. Remove unnecessary resistors near the processor.
And if I want to make USA TAU to European?

61 - 80 of 118 Posts