2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts
@matthewf01 : Depends on your FW 74.
  • Downgrade process is like the upgrade process.
  • A downgrade requires the firmware files for the desired firmware you want to downgrade to. There is no option you can tick like "downgrade to version before" in the MZD.
  • Via MZD update/downgrade process you can only downgrade from lower versions than 74.00.310 to any lower version - as far as 59.00.502. (e.g. from 74.00.200 or 74.00.230 you can still downgrade to e.g. 70.00.367 or 70.00.100).
  • If you have an installed 74.00.310 or higher, you can only downgrade via MZD to 74.00.310. Lower versions of firmware at the usb stick are not shown/can not be selected. So 74.00.310 is the new 59.00.502 - at that it`s the same. (e.g. from 70.00.311 you only can downgrade to 74.00.310 - even if the firles of 70.00.100 are also at the usb stick).
  • If you have 74.00.310 or higher installed, you can only downgrade to a lower version as 74.00.310 using the method described in the thread called "Black Screen MZD" (via SPI NOR chip flashing). (example: 74.00.311 then can be downgraded to 70.00.100)

USB 3.0 usually is downwards compatible. FAT32 fomatted is necessary. Some usb sticks will not be recognized by the MZD. Simply stick it in and check if afterwards at the top row something is displayed, that the usb stick got recognized... thats the easiest check.

It's ok if it doesn't bother other people. But if you notice, there's a lot less info than there could be on search results, and truncates more words. Not even the address is shown, but to be fair on v70 the address isn't shown either. On v74 not even the business hours are shown, but I think AA displays that once you navigate.

The address though is a potential problem because there doesn't seem to be a way to distinguish between exact locations of businesses with the same name which are relatively close together before starting navigation. Even when you start navigation, you'll have to do a bunch of button pushing and scrolling and zooming around the map to be sure you're arriving at the correct address.
Is the software update installed by the service agent anywhere in the world? Should be same as the phone update imho.

Hi there, new to all this. I have recently bought a 2014 mazda 3 BM (Australia) my firmware is 70.00.100. Would I be able to upgrade straight to the latest version available or do i have to go through previous updates first? Also Do I have to PM someone for the Australian Firmware? Thanks in advance

Hi there, new to all this. I have recently bought a 2014 mazda 3 BM (Australia) my firmware is 70.00.100. Would I be able to upgrade straight to the latest version available or do i have to go through previous updates first? Also Do I have to PM someone for the Australian Firmware? Thanks in advance
You can straight to latest version 74.00.324. You need to make or reply to a few posts before you can message

Hi how about Mazda 3 2013 with 275 millage, it is still wort it?
Can I ask what steps you took to downgrade? I'm on 74.00.311 but I'd rather get the dpi settings back from 70.00.367
I would also like to know how to go back to a prior version if you find that you don't like a newer "improved" system change.

Depends on yourself... who should tell you based on what? One could say: "Never touch a running system" - another could say "I install always the latest version to profit from all the bugfixes of every version" - so it is only your decision. But there are no new features in the new firmware version, just bugfixes, as always.
I agree about the bug fixes. But sometimes an "improvement" isn't always better than what was before. Windows is proof of that.

Dear @ASH8

Im Marjo from the Netherlands.
My son bought some weeks ago his dream car, a Mazda CX-3 from 2016. He has a problem that his infotainment from nothing restarts. I read this sometimes happens when the software is not up to date. His current version is: 59.00.545 EU N, could you send me the latest version? Some info how to do it?

I would really appreciate if you could help me.

Greetings from the Netherlands.

Hi from Germany,

PM sent ... has the car the SD-Card for Navigation? Did you disconnect the SD-Card and use the MZD without Nav-Card? Restarts without SD-Card too?
Update will take about 50 min. Check the battery before updating ... (reload with battery-charger during the update etc.)

bye
Gruni

41 - 60 of 61 Posts