2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I finally got to downgrade to 70.00.367 and took screenshots before and after the downgrade from 74.00.230A.

This is with 74.00.230A (note that the menu bar below is also more cramped and it truncates titles of media playing more than the other two, though not on the screenshots):
Product Rectangle Font Line Screenshot

This is with 70.00.367:
Rectangle Product Azure Font Slope

Just for kicks, this is with the AAWireless dongle with DPI set at 131 (video resolution requested by Mazda is 800x480):
Rectangle Product Slope Font Line

·
Registered
495 Posts
Well seriously I cant see what the fuss is about, get used to it..sorry.
BTW, 74.00.311A 4A N (ADR) is out for ALL Countries, Australia, NZ, Asia released today
and no change to dp.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well seriously I cant see what the fuss is about, get used to it..sorry.
BTW, 74.00.311A 4A N (ADR) is out for ALL Countries, Australia, NZ, Asia released today
and no change to dp.
It's ok if it doesn't bother other people. But if you notice, there's a lot less info than there could be on search results, and truncates more words. Not even the address is shown, but to be fair on v70 the address isn't shown either. On v74 not even the business hours are shown, but I think AA displays that once you navigate.

The address though is a potential problem because there doesn't seem to be a way to distinguish between exact locations of businesses with the same name which are relatively close together before starting navigation. Even when you start navigation, you'll have to do a bunch of button pushing and scrolling and zooming around the map to be sure you're arriving at the correct address.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Better? You can not tell this in general. It depends on your preferences:
  • v74 - larger, but in sum less info as it looks like zoomed compared to before versions
  • v70 and before - smaller, more content of the map visible, but for some people harder to read text

21 - 26 of 26 Posts