2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after being on this forum for a few months now, familiarizing myself with this great car, I pulled the trigger on it last week and just got it last night! I took a few pictures of it, but it's raining now so they're not amazing.

Goodbye GTI :( :(

Hello Mazda3 Sport GS!! :D :D

Needless to say, our family loves Mazdas. Believe it not, there's a 2007 Mazda6 not pictured here. ;)

·
Revolution Member
556 Posts
Very nice, congrats!

Family of Mazda right there. :)

Just curious, how was the the GTI in terms of reliability specifically electrical?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!!

Very nice, congrats!

Family of Mazda right there. :)

Just curious, how was the the GTI in terms of reliability specifically electrical?
Honestly, it was pretty good, much better than most people say. It was my second Volkswagen and I've never had any regrets with either of them. Although I must say, my GTI, which had the 6-speed DSG, was quite temperamental in traffic when it warmed up. I was getting a little scared for the long-term reliability. That and it wasn't exactly frugal, running on super gas. I do about 30,000 km per year, so fuel economy is important for me. Besides, it's not like my daily commute let me use much of the 207 ft-lbs of torque I had at my disposition.

I would recommend a GTI to anyone who has money to pay for maintenance and potential trans issues. Apart from that, it was an amazing car in every respect.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Mazda has come a long way in the looks department. Homely to handsome in just a few years.

·
Revolution Member
556 Posts
Thanks guys!!

Honestly, it was pretty good, much better than most people say. It was my second Volkswagen and I've never had any regrets with either of them. Although I must say, my GTI, which had the 6-speed DSG, was quite temperamental in traffic when it warmed up. I was getting a little scared for the long-term reliability. That and it wasn't exactly frugal, running on super gas. I do about 30,000 km per year, so fuel economy is important for me. Besides, it's not like my daily commute let me use much of the 207 ft-lbs of torque I had at my disposition.

I would recommend a GTI to anyone who has money to pay for maintenance and potential trans issues. Apart from that, it was an amazing car in every respect.
Looks awesome! I can see that the 2014 is already spoiled....the older brothers are sitting in the rain while the new born is in the garage :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Mazda has come a long way in the looks department. Homely to handsome in just a few years.
1. Thats awesome, I always liked the GTI hatches, its just I hear about some people with VWs complaining about electrical woes while others seem to be pretty problem free.

2. Haha I noticed that too....garaged is the way to go.

3. Agreed, I waited a long time for a revamped Mazda 3 that would look more chiseled/aggressive and less "happy".

·
Registered
720 Posts
Well, after being on this forum for a few months now, familiarizing myself with this great car, I pulled the trigger on it last week and just got it last night! I took a few pictures of it, but it's raining now so they're not amazing.
Really pretty car...but, how could you let the dealer put their name on it?:no:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Really pretty car...but, how could you let the dealer put their name on it?:no:
I forgot to tell them NOT to put their crap on it. Now I need to carefully remove it, and I'm not sure how. I really REALLY don't want to damage the clearcoat. Is there anything you guys know for a fact that could work in removing it?

·
Revolution Member
556 Posts
I forgot to tell them NOT to put their crap on it. Now I need to carefully remove it, and I'm not sure how. I really REALLY don't want to damage the clearcoat. Is there anything you guys know for a fact that could work in removing it?
Since its still fresh, I believe youll be okay. Its probably a decal not a sticker so being higher quality and vinyl vs. paper...it shouldnt leave much if any adhesive residue.

Should that occur, 3M adhesive remover works wonders.

To take it off, gently peal away at one end.

And I can't believe dealers do that....the plate frame is enough and I always toss that when I get home. If they had put their sticker on my car's paint....there would be some hell raising.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Take it back to the dealer. Tell them to do it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts